Which power flush upgrade | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which power flush upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all.

Just upgraded my powerflush machine with one of these:

[DLMURL="http://www.calmagltd.com/CalFlushMax"]CalFlush Max - The Ultimate Powerflush Unit[/DLMURL]

From Williams at £750 plus VAT.

When I popped into Plumbase recently to pick up some boiler spares, I noticed they are selling this Fernox machine, with a bigger tank, free training, and a TDS meter for £650.00

http://www.fernox.com/files/Fernox/Content/PDF/English/Powerflow Flushing Pump MKIII (Acid off).pdf

I currently have the smaller Calmag machine, but fancied something bigger.

I haven't used the new machine yet, do you think I should return it and get the Fernox one. Seems a good deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be swayed by the tds meter as they can be had from eBay for 25 quid.
Speaking of which there is quite a well specked power flush for a similar price with a built in mag clean and variable pressure valve upto 2 bar on ebay

In fairness I have an TDS meter, and I don't really have the time to go on a training course right now (nor do I think I need one for flushing, but free training is free!)

The fact is Fernox is a top make, and the unit is cheaper. Can't find any details on the wattage of the Calmag max unit so I can compare outputs. Saying up to 150 LPM isn't actually 150 LPM!

Can you show a link of the eBay one please? Oh and thanks for reply.

Thanks. The magnet looks a bit weak. I have a Magna Cleanse I use with my powerflushes. Also from Williams! Paid more than they are selling em for now though!!

Well Danny, you will just have to bite the bullet and get on with it.
We all agree Williams & Co do offer good value, so as you have bought the machine, just cope with it.
I am just waiting for current deals from Ray so I can make a purchase.

Well that's just it mate. I haven't used the machine so I can return it if i want to. Need to know I've made the right choice. The Calmag one is still in the box.

I hired the calmag one from williams, i found it a really decent machine. I added my own long 3/4" hoses though and a magnaclean too.

The magnet is a darn sight better than the one on the machine you bought lol

Hi all.

Just upgraded my powerflush machine with one of these:

[DLMURL="http://www.calmagltd.com/CalFlushMax"]CalFlush Max - The Ultimate Powerflush Unit[/DLMURL]

From Williams at £750 plus VAT.

When I popped into Plumbase recently to pick up some boiler spares, I noticed they are selling this Fernox machine, with a bigger tank, free training, and a TDS meter for £650.00

http://www.fernox.com/files/Fernox/Content/PDF/English/Powerflow Flushing Pump MKIII (Acid off).pdf

I currently have the smaller Calmag machine, but fancied something bigger.

I haven't used the new machine yet, do you think I should return it and get the Fernox one. Seems a good deal?

Hey Danny, here's a challenge.

Don't open your machine for a moment. We have a Calflush max in our hire fleet somewhere. If you can persuade Plumbbase/Fernox to put a machine up, you can compare them head-to-head and report back to the forum on the result.

If we lose, we will take back our unused machine for full credit.

Does that sound fair?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply. You obviously have faith in the machine. I don't think Plumbase are about to lend me a machine though mate. I'm gonna go ahead and put the Calflush Max to use tomoz. So I'll let you know what I think of it. Big system to flush. I think around 30 rads.

Hey Danny, here's a challenge.

Don't open your machine for a moment. We have a Calflush max in our hire fleet somewhere. If you can persuade Plumbbase/Fernox to put a machine up, you can compare them head-to-head and report back to the forum on the result.

If we lose, we will take back our unused machine for full credit.

Does that sound fair?

So Ray is saying if Danny just decides to return the unopened machine as he wanted to, he would not have been given full credit refund?

Well Ray....I don't know what the Fernox machine is like, but that Calflush Max is a total beast of a machine. So much more powerful than the last one. Pleased with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

E
My pleasure.
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Back