Which Van Do You Use? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which Van Do You Use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota Hiace, vintage 2005. 150,000 miles on the clock and owes me nothing. Changed brake pads at 120K.

Merc vito 111 (absolute junk by the way)
Ha, I have a 111 and definitely wouldn't get another. Merc service has been terrible and countless faults from gearbox to turbo sensors. Always something going wrong and I don't do many miles.

Just read 'When you dead you dead' by Guy Martin and he swears by the Transit. Says he gets 100k miles per set of brake pads!

My dad has a transit,engines bomb proof but transits rust badly,reason i went for the citroen is it has the transits engine but does not rust,though there are millions of transits on the Road,though they are very common to get broken into see here

My dad has a transit,engines bomb proof but transits rust badly,reason i went for the citroen is it has the transits engine but does not rust,though there are millions of transits on the Road,though they are very common to get broken into see here

Which Transit engine does it have please Gas Man ? is it the MK6/7 engine or the latest Custom engine ?
I used to have a Mk 6 & loved it but the rust was a bit of an issue. Be time for a new van next year so doing a bit of research. :)

Which Transit engine does it have please Gas Man ? is it the MK6/7 engine or the latest Custom engine ?
I used to have a Mk 6 & loved it but the rust was a bit of an issue. Be time for a new van next year so doing a bit of research. :)
its the mk7 2.2 puma,not the mk 6 2.0 durotorque ,though the puma is based on the mk6 lump its more complex

its the mk7 2.2 puma,not the mk 6 2.0 durotorque ,though the puma is based on the mk6 lump its more complex

Thanks. May be I'll take a look at them when the time comes.
They used to use the Peugeot HDi engine didn't they ?

Thanks. May be I'll take a look at them when the time comes.
They used to use the Peugeot HDi engine didn't they ?

2.0 hdi was very similar to the transit,psa (citroen/peugeot) make both the 2.0 and 2.2,Ford make the same engine under licence

Landrover Defender 110 TD5 hardtop all terrain plumbing command unit. In blue!!

Have a 2013 Renault trafic meself. I kno the French vans get a loada flak but it's me 4th one over maybe 12-15yrs without major grief.

Vauxhall Vivara 2007
2900 LWB

Vans running gears have been amazing.

I like the look of the transit custom van though so will be between a new Vivara and a custom next year when it's time for a new van

Vauxhall Vivaro 06 lwb other than timing belt needed to be changed at 40k nothing else has popped its head up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We haven't had many of those training provider...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Plumbing Advice, by Country Professional...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Back