wiring problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss wiring problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
fully pumped system, mid position valve,i can not get the heating to work when called for by programmer and room stat, it will only work when heating and hot water are called for. the pump ,mid position valve and cylinder stat are wired to a wiring centre and the room stat is wired to the programmer,all seems to be in order any ideas

what sort of programmer is it? is there a jumper on the back that needs changing for pumped or gravity?

Has it worked before. If so. 3 port is dead

what sort of programmer is it? is there a jumper on the back that needs changing for pumped or gravity?
thats what i thought but the punter says it use to work,but i learn't not to listen to them,but i did not check. i am

What u may have is a 3port diverter valve rather than a mid position valve. (If this is the case)As said above u should Make sure the link is at gravity on the back of timer. This will give u hw only and hw+ch.

Last edited by a moderator:
May move. But the micro switches inside could have failed.

I would advise to check all wiring and If all is correct. It must be valve. Depending on valve you can just change actuator. Don't get as wet that way

Btw if you have an iPhone. There's a excellent Honeywell app with wiring guides

What u may have is a 3port diverter valve rather than a mid position valve. (If this is the case)As said above u should Make sure the link is at gravity on the back of timer. This will give u hw only and hw+ch.
it is a 3port, i do have a habit of refering to them as a mid position i am getting hw only and hw +ch now it's ch only i can not get,are you saying if i change programmer from gravity or to gravity

it is a 3port, i do have a habit of refering to them as a mid position i am getting hw only and hw +ch now it's ch only i can not get,are you saying if i change programmer from gravity or to gravity

Change to gravity, if u do this, then when u turn heat on the heating and hw LEDs on timer will both come on even though u only selected heating. When u put the hw on alone the hw led will come on itself

It's the valve. Test the wires. You should have 230v on the white grey and orange when on for ch only.
Check the valve by removing the white and grey wires and putting them in a permanent live. When you turn the power on the valve will move across and should send power down the orange to kick in the boiler and pump.
If this doesn't happen change the valve.

Had one today changed over to heating only but just missed activating the micro switches inside,(bottom one activates pump and boiler)you can adjust but best to just replace head,test as tamz says but remove head cover first and see if it is moving over to heating only position,if so above

And as luck would have it,had a nearly new head taken from a combi conversion I did just before xmas :smiley2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wish it were true, I wish I could say, That...
Replies
Views
Back