Worc Bosch took 20 minutes for boiler "service" | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worc Bosch took 20 minutes for boiler "service" in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
deleted the post as fed up with pointing out same facts

Last edited by a moderator:
these digs at landy owners vern 3 of the mods own them and croppies a supporter,and mischievous mods can make your posts read very strange you have been warned :tongue3:

Most Worcesters I seen are 0.75

but that has to be tested with the heating side depressurised or your getting a false reading!? And to top up requires an open end on the heating circuit so to build up pressure in the vessel.

Most Worcesters I seen are 0.75

but that has to be tested with the heating side depressurised or your getting a false reading!? And to top up requires an open end on the heating circuit so to build up pressure in the vessel.

thats why I said its best to test & charge expansion when the system is next drained

thats why I said its best to test & charge expansion when the system is next drained

Rule of thumb as I have been taught is half the design pressure of the expansion vessel. Most WBs I came across had 1bar design pressure on the vessel hence the 0.5bar system pressure.

Your false reading can only happen if the system pressure is equal or higher than the expansion vessel pressure.

All you do is watch the system pressure whilst topping up. If moving, discharge more.

As we all ask,what is a 'service' ????
Well, in my opinion in specific a manufacturers engineer (was he?) should at least follow the written instructions of his own employer.

On the other side I do see the BG-type of service as well as the WB-quick service as a total legitimate way of doing it as they do provide a guarantee with it.

But your neighbour going about servicing boilers should not try to accommodate their way of working as he does not provide the customer with a guarantee on the boiler function. In this case there should be a complete service the only thing a customer can expect.

Not to forget BG as WB sit in the board making the rules for us. If anything would come across they can legalize it to an extend. Does Joe Plumber have the same possibility? Not exactly.

Well, in my opinion in specific a manufacturers engineer (was he?) should at least follow the written instructions of his own employer.

On the other side I do see the BG-type of service as well as the WB-quick service as a total legitimate way of doing it as they do provide a guarantee with it.

But your neighbour going about servicing boilers should not try to accommodate their way of working as he does not provides the customer with a guarantee on the boiler function. In this case there should be a complete service the only thing a customer can expect.

Not to forget BG as WB sit in the board making the rules for us. If anything would come across they can legalize it to an extend. Does Joe Plumber have the same possibility? Not exactly.

I don't want to dig it all up again, but I can't even remember reading in the new Worcester blurb to check the expansion pressures on a annual service!

I know Vaillant say to check on every third year... They also tell you to isolate & drain to do so ... Between 0.75 - 0.90

But your neighbour going about servicing boilers should not try to accommodate their way of working as he does not provide the customer with a guarantee on the boiler function. In this case there should be a complete service the only thing a customer can expect.

A service must be as mi's otherwise it's not a service surely ? A BG service as we all know isnt

I don't want to dig it all up again, but I can't even remember reading in the new Worcester blurb to check the expansion pressures on a annual service!

I know Vaillant say to check on every third year... They also tell you to isolate & drain to do so ... Between 0.75 - 0.90
3 years is a good time if you use nitrogenspray for expansion vessels. Very normal in Germany.

Seen any of the sprays at the merchants? With air you are stretching it on most vessels with 2 years.

Had 2 WBs where the expansion vessel failed every year from year one service. Customers got new vessels during guarantee period. What if it had not been checked? Expensive repair on customers behalf. Not good service.

I've not had the pleasure yet! Did you take out the block or lift the boiler off the wall?

Cut the cold and remove and you can fit your hand up the back (if i can fit my shovels in then so can most) and rejoin with a compression union.

You are right. Reading it is a bit of a joke. For example you get told to lower the boiler control into the service position. And then? Nothing! They do not tell you to use a flathead screwdriver to for the test connection. So I assume it does not need done. No mentioning of the vessel. No mentioning of the trap except in the part for cleaning the heat exchanger. So I believe it does not need checked or cleaned? It does not tell you to check the minimum setting although they provide you with a value for it. Does that mean we only look at it once the boiler does not start anymore?

According to the instructions you only have to open the casing, lower the boiler control and measure the fan pressure. Thats it. But you are only allowed to do that with an flue gas analyser and sufficiently trained for FGA.
Unless you cleaned the heat exchanger you do not even need to reassemble it.

Either Worcester assumes you know what to do on a service or someone saved himself a lot of time typing the normal steps of a boiler service for fully trained people.

Re: Worc Bosch took 20 minutes for boiler "service". BEWARE - DID THEY SKIP SAFETY CH

I assume for your 200 quid it includes call outs and parts replacement, so the service and safety check is only a part of what your paying for.

pierrot, yes that's rights.

Re: Worc Bosch took 20 minutes for boiler "service". BEWARE - DID THEY SKIP SAFETY CH

As for WB, I got a free service call for my customer who's gstar 42cdi was out of guarantee, I suspected a blockage in the heat ex. WB tech turned up swapped the main heat ex in and out in less than an hour boiler workin fine all checks done. Completely FOC you can't beet that!

OP, I think you have a complaint with regard to lack of customer service but I think this could be a side effect of being a little heavy handed. I find a little tact and diplomacy can go a long way. Oh, and I don't see how you being a plant engineer has anything to do with the issue.

Totally agree with above post
Ps a little knowledge is usually a bad thing as you sound like you are over exaggerating a bit imho
And the services agree maybe just that not an engineer is may not really have a clue

think its crossing the line of to much info now on this thread

Please be careful with the info you're giving out lads or I will close the thread.

Also be aware of what's being posted regarding litigation as WB can at any stage view this.

these digs at landy owners vern 3 of the mods own them and croppies a supporter,and mischievous mods can make your posts read very strange you have been warned :tongue3:
Haha Mark.......I don't need any help to make my posts read strange lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
This is all great information. really...
Replies
Views
Back