Work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

EPH

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
How much has everyone got on?

I run a small firm of 4 lads and we've never been so busy, nobody's getting made a millionaire but were flat out and could easy work 7 days a week.

We lucky or everyone else like this now?

Looks like we're all going to Wales for a bit then.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'm in Glasgow doing ok couldn't say good enough for 4 boys 7 days a week well done! Is it contracts? U spending a lot on marketing?

I'm in Glasgow doing ok couldn't say good enough for 4 boys 7 days a week well done! Is it contracts? U spending a lot on marketing?
Never advertised and no contracts.

Lot of work for letting agents who all pay really well, couple of builders and the rest is all word of mouth.

Got 3 or 4 big jobs on and loads of stuff backed up, nightmare trying to catch up at the minute.

Work seems to go in fits and starts here. Been busy last 2 months but quiet this week. I have a lot of servicing to catch up with but my analyser hasn't come back from calibration yet.

I run a small firm of 4 lads and we've never been so busy, nobody's getting made a millionaire but were flat out and could easy work 7 days a week.

if you have work for 4 guys for 7 days a week you SHOULD be a millionaire, or you are working hard rather than smart, too many people dont earn enough per hour, although some have said they prefer to work 20hrs a week for £30 ph rather than 40hrs for £15ph which i agree with,

Is that all? Lol good to see people busy though seems it's either one or the other ATM some people are very quiet. I'm subbing on a site ATM and my own work gets done in my own time but if I had to rely solely on my own work I'd be on a 2-3 day week at best, but I'm brand new so not getting disheartened at all

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?aaummb

You are lucky and should be getting very rich!!!

I generally seem to have a busy week or two and then go quiet for a week and then busy for a week and then quiet. Its quite annoying, but I have only been properly set up on my own for about 9 months now so not expecting to be rushed off my feet. May look in to doing some contacting for a couple months over summer just for regular income.

i am really quiet now been 3 weeks now ! looking for some contract work if any one knows anything pls let me know ! I have hopefully coming on in 2 weeks but dont know if it will come my way

i am really quiet now been 3 weeks now ! looking for some contract work if any one knows anything pls let me know ! I have hopefully coming on in 2 weeks but dont know if it will come my way

Will you travel to Surrey? I've some work coming up that I could sub to you if it makes economical sense for both of us.

Sent them my way !!! Will get them done for you !
Pls pm me when you want them done , address and how much are they each !
I am happy to take 100 boiler changes even if I have to go to France :)

You are lucky and should be getting very rich!!!

I generally seem to have a busy week or two and then go quiet for a week and then busy for a week and then quiet. Its quite annoying, but I have only been properly set up on my own for about 9 months now so not expecting to be rushed off my feet. May look in to doing some contacting for a couple months over summer just for regular income.

Same for me mate since I moved up to Lincoln. I just find the nearest new build houses and get out and flyer them when I get quiet. It's good exercise and every 100 or so flyers tends to generate me a job too.

Even had someone ask me to do a job while delivering them last week.

Same for me mate since I moved up to Lincoln. I just find the nearest new build houses and get out and flyer them when I get quiet. It's good exercise and every 100 or so flyers tends to generate me a job too.

Even had someone ask me to do a job while delivering them last week.

Currently in the process of having a few thousand leaflets printed, so I will be out delivering soon.

Why do you target new build houses out of curiousity?

Hi,

I target them because I know that every flyer I'm putting through a new-build door is going to someone who can afford to get a plumber or electrician in. If they can afford to pay a premium for a new house they can afford us. The trick is to find houses that are over 2 years old. The warranty on most new builds is 10-years structural only, 2-years on everything else.

Also, we all know that the build quality of most new-builds is rubbish, absolutely awful. Therefore the owners have plenty of jobs that need doing.

How much are you paying for flyer printing by the way? I print an A4 black and white flyer, nothing too fancy, and it costs me about 4p per flyer. I bought an HP LaserJet for printing as it's about 1/4 the running cost of an inkjet. It also prints off 1000 flyers in about 15 minutes. Cost me £140.

That was £140 for the printer by the way, not the flyers :)

Similar plumbing topics

P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ha easier said than done cutting back to...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Just a guess, but you may find that the...
Replies
Views
Back