working abroad | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss working abroad in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

J

jammy32

hi first ever message posted but would like some advice or contacts for working in thailand (bangkok) as am considering moving there with the missus and just wondered if anyone knew what sort of job market is out there for plumbers. Was wondering about english or international developers as i dont speak thai, also any info on work visas etc, any help greatly appreciated as will have to make a massive decision relatively soon, cheers neil

I was there a few years back (leisure not working) awesome country, your more likely to get work if you can do HVAC. I met a lot of expats (again not in that field) but all say one thing, careful buying property, keep one financial foot in this country (dont sell house in uk, rent it out). Sorry if you heard this before but I was over there for a year and if you spent any time there you would have some contacts already in the ex pat community, it sounds like your going in cold which is quite a big step mate.

cheers lambchop, yes i am going in cold, but not decided yet just putting the feelers out to see if there is any poss of work really, not selling anything and would only be for 2 yrs initially, maybe look into some expat sites see what that brings up, cheers

I was there unfortunately when tsunami hit and was on the east coast thinking about heading to the west in the new year. Take a wedge of cash and dont bother working becos when I was there it was £60 per month for a beach hut, 90p for a beer, £1 for a cheap local thai food. I did end up working as a Dive master but only becos I knew the locals so well as competition fo these jobs is so fierce

Similar plumbing topics

Got any work SGI? Very quiet for me. Where...
Replies
Views
P
Clown. "I've been doing it for years so I...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
T
Hi Guys, As some of you know I have been...
Replies
Views
T
R
***edit*** Damn you new tapatalk thought i...
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Replies
Views
newcastle phill
N
Back