Worst/funniest call-out | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter TomLane
  • Start date
  • Replies 80
  • Views 1K

Discuss Worst/funniest call-out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TomLane

Some customers never fail to amaze me!

It's Saturday evening, I've had a few drinks after watching the rugby & my phone rings! A rather worried customer who I have done some work for in the past but not for a while is ringing! I've saved their number as I remember them being a fussy couple but were always good with the work they've sent my way.

They have an emergency............... wait for it...............

Husband was in the shower, went to get out, slipped over on the tiled floor as he hadn't put the bath mat down & has pulled the basin off the wall! Amazingly, there isn't a drop of water spilled or leaking from anywhere apparently. The tap feeds (copper ironically, not flexis) have stayed in tact & even the waste is still in one piece! However, the wife tells me there is blood everywhere!! The husband has managed to cut himself falling over!

They're at A&E at the minute so I've told them I'll be out tomorrow morning to sort the basin out, once I've recovered from laughing so much!!

Priceless!

Time to stop using self tappers and start pumping 2 tubes of silicone behind the basin like a proper plumber Tom!

Worst call out was getting called out real late at night to a no hot water, tried speaking to the ounces tenant on the phone to put it off but she was having none of it. Drove 45 mins there to be handed a kettle by the tenant, who said 'I've got no hot water, can your fix it'

i ran straight back to the van and could have cried.

This one wasn't a call out but was quite interesting, I was doing a service in a council property one day and had to check the loft. Half way up the ladder my phone goes and I answer it and start chatting away to one of the lads. So there I am half way up a ladder when I look to my left. Above each door upstairs was a glass panel, we've all seen the, there quite common in council houses. I could believe what I was seeing. There was a woman ( the tenants daughter) sprawled out on the bed, naked, just going for it. Rubbing her nipples and everything it was quite a sight. She never saw me I don't think. So I quickly checked the loft and was too frightened to look again on the way down.

Worst call out was getting called out real late at night to a no hot water, tried speaking to the ounces tenant on the phone to put it off but she was having none of it. Drove 45 mins there to be handed a kettle by the tenant, who said 'I've got no hot water, can your fix it'

i ran straight back to the van and could have cried.

This one wasn't a call out but was quite interesting, I was doing a service in a council property one day and had to check the loft. Half way up the ladder my phone goes and I answer it and start chatting away to one of the lads. So there I am half way up a ladder when I look to my left. Above each door upstairs was a glass panel, we've all seen the, there quite common in council houses. I could believe what I was seeing. There was a woman ( the tenants daughter) sprawled out on the bed, naked, just going for it. Rubbing her nipples and everything it was quite a sight. She never saw me I don't think. So I quickly checked the loft and was too frightened to look again on the way down.
was she fit?

was she fit?

I'd guess she wasn't if he beat a hasty retreat!

It's a shame that, the videos I've seen when the plumber sees the customer in a compromising position the customer is usually a fit,lonely housewife looking for he "blockage to be rodded!!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Husbands just text me, apologising for the call. Apparently they were both in the bathroom together! Kids out, house to themselves!

Was called out to my shower dont work, go through all the usual questions turned any water or electric of have a look at shower dont kick pump in take handset of holder dropped it in bath and removed head in case of air magic shower works look at head scale, suggest she cleans shower head and leave

Had an emergency call late one night, "uncontrolled water leak!" Called the customer on phone and said I'm on my way, she said, "oh thank god! How long will you be" I was like its ok, I'm only ten minutes away. From the way she was sounding worried and relieved I was on way, I'm thinking, this must be a bad one. Anyway, I arrive at the customers flat and she lets me in and first thing she says is "glad to see you, want a cuppa? And heads off to make a cuppa, leaving me stood there not knowing where leak is, so I'm like "leave the cuppa for now, where is the leak? She takes me into the shower room and points at the shower, I'm stood there looking at it trying to work out, where the hell is this leak so I'm like, "where is it leaking from?" She said, "if you stand in the shower you will see" I kid you not, I'm stood in the shower staring at the shower head and waiting for a drip, it dripped once every 20 seconds. I was gob-smacked, I was like sorry but this is no emergency, she said, wait for it..............
"but I'm on a water meter!"

I didn't hang around for the cup of tea.

Had an emergency call late one night, "uncontrolled water leak!" Called the customer on phone and said I'm on my way, she said, "oh thank god! How long will you be" I was like its ok, I'm only ten minutes away. From the way she was sounding worried and relieved I was on way, I'm thinking, this must be a bad one. Anyway, I arrive at the customers flat and she lets me in and first thing she says is "glad to see you, want a cuppa? And heads off to make a cuppa, leaving me stood there not knowing where leak is, so I'm like "leave the cuppa for now, where is the leak? She takes me into the shower room and points at the shower, I'm stood there looking at it trying to work out, where the hell is this leak so I'm like, "where is it leaking from?" She said, "if you stand in the shower you will see" I kid you not, I'm stood in the shower staring at the shower head and waiting for a drip, it dripped once every 20 seconds. I was gob-smacked, I was like sorry but this is no emergency, she said, wait for it..............
"but I'm on a water meter!"

I didn't hang around for the cup of tea.

She wasn't one of those lonely housewives then looking for some "company"?!?!

A 10pm callout to "fix a toilet". Arrived at the house, which had 4 TOILETS!!!! to find the push button had broken on ONE of them. Unbelievable.

a few years back 2pm call in the morning wife and my new daughter only home for 3 days so not getting much sleep

my toilets not working,well go take a fking dump in the garden then ......click

On the subject of the lonely housewife requiring a special service, has anyone encountered this sort of thing?!?! Just like you see in the videos?!?!

On the subject of the lonely housewife requiring a special service, has anyone encountered this sort of thing?!?! Just like you see in the videos?!?!

Like one of these
[video=youtube;lzQ1H6Nsups]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQ1H6Nsups[/video]

I don't believe you Tom!

I can't believe someone working for big gas went up a ladder ;-)

I was working for the council at the time. We lived up ladders Birmingham council love vertical flues for some reason. They also love housing dole scrounging, drug dealing, old lady mugging, living off he state junkies. Which is why I left, I hated every minute of it, the only good side was the money.

if only! although i can guarantee if it ever did, they wouldn't look anything like they do in the video's!

I was working for the council at the time. We lived up ladders Birmingham council love vertical flues for some reason. They also love housing dole scrounging, drug dealing, old lady mugging, living off he state junkies. Which is why I left, I hated every minute of it, the only good side was the money.

When i was serving my time i saw some states of houses. Total pig sty's. Over the years i moved into different work and got away from the council scheme'y stuff to such a degree i thought people were improving their lifestyles.
A few years back i got a contract back in the schemes. Nothing had changed, in fact it had gotten worse than the 70's. Drink was the biggest problem then and people really had nothing. Now it is drugs and everyone thinks they deserve more handouts.
When the contract was up i had the option to keep it going. I let it slide and went back to working for normal people.
I wouldn't do the scum class again no matter what the price was.

When i was serving my time i saw some states of houses. Total pig sty's. Over the years i moved into different work and got away from the council scheme'y stuff to such a degree i thought people were improving their lifestyles.
A few years back i got a contract back in the schemes. Nothing had changed, in fact it had gotten worse than the 70's. Drink was the biggest problem then and people really had nothing. Now it is drugs and everyone thinks they deserve more handouts.
When the contract was up i had the option to keep it going. I let it slide and went back to working for normal people.

I worked on contracts like that. There were "some" good people, but not many. They all bought stuff on catalogues. Used to wipe my feet on the way out.

talking of pig stys, there was a contractor at the council, who on the landlords cert, where it says boiler location, put pig sty on loads of them. He thought it was funny, as did I when I heard, but they got rid of him as all the certs had to be redone, he lost his job which was a shame but it was funny.

Id have loved to have seen the tenants face when they see it on the form. But I doubt many saw it as most people threw is straight in the bin.

Like yourself I wouldn't do like to do council work again, but I'm buying a house in January so can't be so picky. Luckily I'm working in private hours at the moment and hopefully it lasts. I used hate council, there's nothing worse than getting out the showers the morning all lovely and clean then one job down at 9 in the morning, you fell dirty as hell and just want to go home.

I worked on contracts like that. There were "some" good people, but not many. They all bought stuff on catalogues. Used to wipe my feet on the way out.

I don't think one ever met a nice person on the council. I was stuck on high rise flats and just dealt with people who though they where owed a living. I can be a big of a snob sometimes and rightly or wrongly I make up my mind about a tenant when they open the door. If I don't like them and their living in Satans anus then their getting the cold shoulder off me.

It wasn't so much the visual mess that bothered me it was the smell, some places make you wretch and the people seem oblivious to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks snowhead/centralheatking/scott_d 👍 much...
Replies
Views
WTF I've just spent 10 minutes loading that...
Replies
Views
S
I can hardly see it now.....ruff:coffee:
Replies
Views
T
M
that is an amazing website, inspirational...
Replies
Views
mike_s
M
L
Re: Cowboy plumbers in London: PLUMB FORCE...
2 3
Replies
Views
Plum Bob 66
P
Back