Worst/funniest call-out | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter TomLane
  • Start date
  • Replies 80
  • Views 1K

Discuss Worst/funniest call-out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked on contracts like that. There were "some" good people, but not many.

Usually some old dear who has lived there for 50 years and is now surrounded by scum!

One of the jobs i had on that contract was a choked toilet. Turned up to find the shyt piled a foot high in the pan.
I took the pan out and dumped the lot in the bath along with her bloo loo thing that was caught on the pan connector.
Put the pan back in and said that's you hen its cleared. I've left your shyte in the bath.
She was straight on the phone to the council but i told them to fk off and send someone else to clear the bath.

Usually some old dear who has lived there for 50 years and is now surrounded by scum!

One of the jobs i had on that contract was a choked toilet. Turned up to find the shyt piled a foot high in the pan.
I took the pan out and dumped the lot in the bath along with her bloo loo thing that was caught on the pan connector.
Put the pan back in and said that's you hen its cleared. I've left your shyte in the bath.
She was straight on the phone to the council but i told them to fk off and send someone else to clear the bath.

Tremendous

When they used to moan about they're free heating and how **** the council was, I used to say"why don't you do what I did" tenant "what?" And I'd say "get a job, work really hard and then buy your own house"

When they used to moan about they're free heating and how **** the council was, I used to say"why don't you do what I did" tenant "what?" And I'd say "get a job, work really hard and then buy your own house"

I have thought that on many occasion but the fear of a slap stopped me.
The only good thing about council work was being able to snatch any water fitting I changed and not worry about the damage. I snatched a three port once in a loft. Never again though, frightened the life out of me.

Half of them didn't know you were there! If you left the place cleaner that you found it they would probably put in a claim :lol:
Thank fk i don't do that stuff any more and never will

Half of them didn't know you were there! If you left the place cleaner that you found it they would probably put in a claim :lol:
Thank fk i don't do that stuff any more and never will

Most of them see you as an inconvenience. And god forbid you wake them up before two in the afternoon.

I do miss the lame apologies for the mess of the property. I used to here sorry about the mess I've been ill almost everyday.

You were lucky to get an apology! I've been in some states of privately owned homes & not so much of a flicker of embarrassment about the condition of the house! The worst & definitely the one that really makes my blood boil is when young children are subjected to vile conditions! Regardless of financial circumstances cleanliness & personal hygiene are FREE!

Seen some real pig styes myself. However, we're in the arms so I can mention this. The house I'm working in at the moment, is a big victorian town house. I don't know how much it would cost, but more than I could afford. It's all tidy, but they have a house rabbit, which roams anywhere it wants in the house.

And craps/****es all over the house. I mean all over it. I've found piles of rabbit crap on the third floor, and under a table that it particualry likes is a brown stain and piles of crap.

The home owners are hardly ever there, just late at night. It's also chewed all the cables to the lamps up...even knocking the RCD out the other week. It would be in the pot if it was up to me!

Just do it danny Pull its jacket over its head and enjoy a good stew :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its well fed so would probably make a tasty stew....Could make a nice hat out of the skin too.

Imagine, the customer comes home at night, "Mmmmm, something smells tasty".....!!!!

Was called out to my shower dont work, go through all the usual questions turned any water or electric of have a look at shower dont kick pump in take handset of holder dropped it in bath and removed head in case of air magic shower works look at head scale, suggest she cleans shower head and leave

I usually recommend that they replace it themselves, but went to a property the other day and the bloke who I do subcontracting for, told me to go and get a replacement. If they have called you out to fix it, theoretically you should fix it rather then tell them how to fix it.

Not really a callout but I stormed out of a job the other week due to a crazy tennent....

Myself and landlord arrived at 9:00am to start a 10 day job, I had heard from neighbours that the woman there was 'off her head' but I thought I could handle it........ big mistake!

When we walked in she was straight on our backs about the state of the property (why have a go at me!!???), complaining about water from the tap causing her insides to rot and making her cats teeth fall out, slagging me off for not putting carpet back properly in communal hallway on a previous job (I had put it back!) calling us both every name under the sun. All this was on a Monday morning and I was in no mood for any agro but I bit my lip.

Me and landlord tried to lighten the mood by making a joke or two but she took it completely the wrong way and called her violent nut case of an ex husband to come round and chuck us out, she said "these two............ ..... are ........laughing at me etc"

I that point I snapped and jumped down her throat, I told her she was effing mental and told landlord that I couldn't do it and stormed out. I sat in my van for a bit and listened to them both inside tearing chunks out of each other in the kitchen, landlord was like "he's come here to help you but you can't keep your effing mouth shut!" I had noticed a kitchen knife in the sink and genuinely though she might go for him with it so I was just about to go back in but he then came out and she followed and stood on the step (now on the phone to her solicitor) saying "That plumber said I was effing mental! what are you gonna do!, I don't feel safe etc" Quite a scene was being caused and curtains were twitching.

Her solicitor advised her to lock the door and not let us back in, then landlord rang his solicitor and tried to smooth things over, it turns out the tennant's 'not competley all there' lets say and is well known to the police and been in prison for perjury, drug dealing etc, she also accussed a bailiff of sexual assualt after he brushed past her on the stairs.

Ten minutes later a car came screeching up and a bloke got out and came marching over to my van, I braced myself for a brawl but he only threatend me and didn't get violent, he had heard my outburst on the phone and told me he'd "rip my head off" if I called her mental again.

Turns out she had taken the landlord to court twice for not getting work done but everytime he tries it all kicks off, I didn't know any of this until later!!!

Someone else is going in on Monday with him so lets see what happens, I asked him why he puts up with her and why can't he get rid, he says he's had two eviction notices on her but the courts always come down on her side.

Not really a callout but I stormed out of a job the other week due to a crazy tennent....

Myself and landlord arrived at 9:00am to start a 10 day job, I had heard from neighbours that the woman there was 'off her head' but I thought I could handle it........ big mistake!

When we walked in she was straight on our backs about the state of the property (why have a go at me!!???), complaining about water from the tap causing her insides to rot and making her cats teeth fall out, slagging me off for not putting carpet back properly in communal hallway on a previous job (I had put it back!) calling us both every name under the sun. All this was on a Monday morning and I was in no mood for any agro but I bit my lip.

Me and landlord tried to lighten the mood by making a joke or two but she took it completely the wrong way and called her violent nut case of an ex husband to come round and chuck us out, she said "these two............ ..... are ........laughing at me etc"

I that point I snapped and jumped down her throat, I told her she was effing mental and told landlord that I couldn't do it and stormed out. I sat in my van for a bit and listened to them both inside tearing chunks out of each other in the kitchen, landlord was like "he's come here to help you but you can't keep your effing mouth shut!" I had noticed a kitchen knife in the sink and genuinely though she might go for him with it so I was just about to go back in but he then came out and she followed and stood on the step (now on the phone to her solicitor) saying "That plumber said I was effing mental! what are you gonna do!, I don't feel safe etc" Quite a scene was being caused and curtains were twitching.

Her solicitor advised her to lock the door and not let us back in, then landlord rang his solicitor and tried to smooth things over, it turns out the tennant's 'not competley all there' lets say and is well known to the police and been in prison for perjury, drug dealing etc, she also accussed a bailiff of sexual assualt after he brushed past her on the stairs.

Ten minutes later a car came screeching up and a bloke got out and came marching over to my van, I braced myself for a brawl but he only threatend me and didn't get violent, he had heard my outburst on the phone and told me he'd "rip my head off" if I called her mental again.

Turns out she had taken the landlord to court twice for not getting work done but everytime he tries it all kicks off, I didn't know any of this until later!!!

Someone else is going in on Monday with him so lets see what happens, I asked him why he puts up with her and why can't he get rid, he says he's had two eviction notices on her but the courts always come down on her side.

exactly why there is less and less landlords these days, most have agents or give it up, the tenant has 90% of the rights, landlord has 10%. it is there house/flat, yet they dont have any rights to it

We had a customer who had a tenant like that. Her nickname was "Nutty Norra".

I was very naive at the time, and assumed her name was actually Norra (not a stupid thing to assume). Anyway, she had a cold rad or something. So I was sent round by my dad (He said go to Nutty Norra's place and check the rad out).

I knocked on the door and asked if this was Norra's flat and she went mad. She obviously knew the other tenants called her that, and she had been previously sectioned. Anyway, rad didn't get done that day, as I ran off with my tail between my legs.

I was working there years later on another flat, and she came barging out the communal door, with a CD player/radio. Brand new, and threw it in the bin. I didn't say anything but she said it was talking to her and had been bugged so we could listen in on her. Then told me that she knew I was a spy. In the end she was carted off to the nut house again. Actually felt sorry for her.

Funny though looking back and I've still got the CD player!

Tremendous
Nice. I get some customers who can be really horrible, awkward, snotty etc etc etc, but hey, I have to be a professional and do my job. If I spoke to a customer like that, I'd be on the dole.

Nice. I get some customers who can be really horrible, awkward, snotty etc etc etc, but hey, I have to be a professional and do my job. If I spoke to a customer like that, I'd be on the dole.

We all have our breaking points, it was totally out of character for me as I normally lets things wash over me. Probably the first time I've ever told someone to eff off and properly meant it outside school.

We all have our breaking points, it was totally out of character for me as I normally lets things wash over me. Probably the first time I've ever told someone to eff off and properly meant it outside school.
I know where your coming from mate.

Did a boiler swap once in a rental. The tenant was a woman aprox thirty years old, anyway boyfriend comes round takes her upstairs. And judging by the noises they were making we're bumping the ugly out of each other. I finished that job of quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks snowhead/centralheatking/scott_d 👍 much...
Replies
Views
WTF I've just spent 10 minutes loading that...
Replies
Views
S
I can hardly see it now.....ruff:coffee:
Replies
Views
T
M
that is an amazing website, inspirational...
Replies
Views
mike_s
M
L
Re: Cowboy plumbers in London: PLUMB FORCE...
2 3
Replies
Views
Plum Bob 66
P
Back