Angry but need some advice | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter TomLane
  • Start date
  • Replies 96
  • Views 2K

Discuss Angry but need some advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree to make adjustments, when he goes out take out the system without turning the water off and close the door behind you. Fit it on your next job and let him chase you.

Excellent advice tom 110% agree never do this i ended up finding out the empty house id just fitted a system in was already sold by the custard to a housing association and they had told him there was no sale if there was no central heating. He by this time was in Ireland whee he had moved and ive not been able to get him since.

that statement is ok if you only do small works in small domestic properties but a lot of people especially in the better end of the market buy refurb and then move in

Thought you'd like an update on this mornings events.

I met the guy at his house & was immediately bombarded with verbal abuse. My brother came with me as a second pair of eyes & ears.
(I'm glad I had the foresight in this instance to record the whole conversation for future reference.)

He walked us round the house saying that each radiator was in the wrong place, undersized etc, despite him agreeing before hand where he wanted them & even marking on the wall to instruct me further. He complained that some pipework (underfloor) was unnecessary & was lashed in. He remarked at one piece in particular that he seemed to think would be damaged by carpet grippers, despite the fact that the pipe was set in to the joist below below the floorboard & as far as I'm aware the tacks used are not 3" long.

He wouldn't let us have our say & was very aggressive, despite the fact his wife was present. (Not much of a gentleman either with his language)I don't know whether he felt intimidated by the two of us hence his aggression or he was looking for a reaction.

We tried to reason with him & offer a resolution but he just wasn't interested. He even called the police which I was happy with as I said that they could mediate & perhaps we would then be able to solve the whole problem. When he phoned the police he said that we were being aggressive towards him & demanding money & using threatening behaviour. (I'm glad I recorded it all to prove otherwise).

The outcome of it all is that the police are not interested in the issue particularly (I tried to tell him this would be the case) & have advised me to telephone him tomorrow to sort out a resolution. I advised the police that he was using the boiler illegally & at his own risk as I had arranged for an independent GSR installer to certificate later today in the homeowners presence so that he could see that it had all been done properly. The police informed him of this.

So, just a waiting game till tomorrow to see what the outcome of the telephone conversation will be. If it doesn't go well I can see me having to take it to small claims court.

It's funny, I've spoken to a few other tradesmen mates I've got & they've all offered to go & dish out some shoe-pie. Needless to say, I've managed to avoid the temptation to give them the address!

Don't give it them fella , but pm me it so I know not to do any work there

From your previous responses Bod, I'm not convinced it's plumbing work you'd be doing there anyway!!

It's making my blood boil reading this post. The guy is obviously trying to pull a fast one, especially with things like the rad positioning. Which make it blindingly obvious. Go back and tell him you'll do the remedial work and remove as much as you can, when he kicks of about it being removed. Tell who ever asks negotiations broke down mid way through the job and you couldn't agree on how it was to be re fitted.

That maybe you're as keen as me to dish out some painful retribution, or you might just genuinely want to avoid working for the numpty!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's making my blood boil reading this post.

Trust me, it absolutely made my blood boil when I received the phone call from him with the attitude he gave me.

I'll openly admit when I have made a mistake or when something isn't as someone requested but I can honestly say I've done all he asked.

I even tried to offer to rectify any issues he had, I would even go so far as to do the fixes for free as long as he paid me the outstanding balance, but he didn't even give me the chance to explain this.

I gave up the weed when I was at school......... I just have a few beers & a rant on here!

Oh sorry, stoning. Misread that for a second there!

Sounds to me the small claims route is your best option, but first he has to give you the opportunity to rectify any faults / shoddy work etc.
I would suggest you write to him asking to detail in writing what he considers to be a problem, then work through each item one by one. It should be easy to prove if the rads are correctly sized or not, but the other stuff ie positioning of rads etc not so easy if you have nothing in writing.

If a magistrate sees you've made every effort to make ammends and be reasonable to the guy I'd say you stand a good chance of getting your money (plus costs).
And if he is seen to be unreasonable - it'll do him no favours at all.

Hope it all works out for you

Sounds to me the small claims route is your best option, but first he has to give you the opportunity to rectify any faults / shoddy work etc.
I would suggest you write to him asking to detail in writing what he considers to be a problem, then work through each item one by one. It should be easy to prove if the rads are correctly sized or not, but the other stuff ie positioning of rads etc not so easy if you have nothing in writing.

If a magistrate sees you've made every effort to make ammends and be reasonable to the guy I'd say you stand a good chance of getting your money (plus costs).
And if he is seen to be unreasonable - it'll do him no favours at all.

Hope it all works out for you

and if the above fails then all the other suggestions are excellent advice

Go to town on the guy through the courts, make it your personal mission to ccj him up and wreck his credit rating.

I want to see this guy go down if everything you say is true.

after all that, you will then get £20 a month.....

then give him a slap.lol

did he leave you a key by the way?

Take his gas meter out, throw it in the garden, turn his water off and smash the handle of with a hammer then **** in his letterbox.

You won't get your money but you'll feel better.

Superglue a disk into the inlet and outlet of the gas meter. Then drill a small hole into the base of his soil stack and fill it with expanding foam. Then turn off the stop tap at the street and dump a load of postcrete in.

Got to be more humane than smashing him in the chops and taking a stillson to his collar bones.

Take his gas meter out, throw it in the garden, turn his water off and smash the handle of with a hammer then **** in his letterbox.

You won't get your money but you'll feel better.

Yeah until he's banged up! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Did the op get an invoice before payment ?
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back