Anyone here worked for Dyno Rod? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone here worked for Dyno Rod? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

No idea what they pay but sounds like a decent job.
Mind you, it is BG so your sole intention will be to rip customers off!
Good luck1

Last edited:
No idea what they pay but sounds like a decent job.
Mind you, it is BG so your sole intention will be to rip customers off!
Good luck1

Think you're well out of line there. Yes there are many who miss sell and recommend the wrong thing, but there are many more who do it right it's down to the individual involved, much the same as sole traders and white van man. Most are upstanding trades man but again many are modern day highwaymen.

Yes there products are expensive but no worse then many other larger companies with overheads.

If you were looking after a system for £20 a month and the plate heat exchanger kept blocking up would you replace it every 3 months or advise them to protect against it with a filter and/or flush.

We're all out to make money in the end just their practices are over a larger proportion and population thus bringing them under scrutiny and publicity more often

Good and bad in every barrel so the larger the barrel the larger % of bad apples.
By definition we don`t get to hear of the good one`s.

Last edited:
Any sticky moments with questions mate or was it all plain sailing?

Not really, i did hesitate a few times but i knew the answers and it was probably nerves he seemed to know this. 8/10 on the test paper but it was fairly easy to be honest. It seems early days for the team, the impression i got was that Dyno plumbing is starting to grow rapidly and from september there will be more on the gas side where as now the majority of it is going to be plumbing.

I was in 2 minds last night if i should even go, i'm glad i did, i will now have the security of a permanent job and the benefits that go with that. It's perfect timing we are waiting on the keys to our first house and like everyone else we have plans for the future that will help with.

I will have to complete a British Gas assessment but it sounds straight forward and from the sounds of it I will get briefed up before hand. He said most people pass it easy enough, working in a safe manner seems to be the order of the day.

Hopefully I will have a good career and can get involved in different aspects of the trade. I have the certs so they wouldn't have to pay for that just invest the time to give me experience but that's all a long way off. One step at a time, and getting this job is the best thing at this stage for me.

Never feel bad for bettering your position in life..

Two weeks is better then any self employed person should ever need to give many give 24 hour notice tops!

Nope.. ! I've seen the fluorescent blinding vans a few times before!. But good luck in the application, and don't forget to spill some baked beans on toast on the forum in a few days, weeks, month..
Best luck mate

Fantastic news Ash, if i was in your i would give 1 week tops like Rob most give 24 hours.

Thanks.

yes i have had people tell me that about handing in notice, thing is i went to him looking for a job in the first place and he gave me a chance, it's not been the ideal job but it's enabled me to gain more experience. I have made mistakes that have probably caused him problems too. I have put up with stuff that others wouldn't but then he has let some things go too. I feel as though i owe him to some extent. Not only that i don't want to burn any bridges, I don't know what the future holds but i could be in a position one day where I need to ask for work to pay bills.

Plus he's a nice bloke, not that I know him well on a personal level but I want to leave on best possible terms.

Well done Ash very well deserved, look be honest with the guy and say it's about opportunities thank him for taking you on giving you a chance but your looking long term now!

Good luck Ash, I worked for them for about 6 months didn't end great tbh but think it depends what franchise you're on. Guessing my salary was less than yours as I wasn't gas at the time but I had to work silly hours to earn what I class a decent wage

Been trying to have a life mate lol
Na started with a company books in, in January so just been getting my head down mate trying to impress! Hope all is good with you mate, have a banana cocktail on me

Not really, i did hesitate a few times but i knew the answers and it was probably nerves he seemed to know this. 8/10 on the test paper but it was fairly easy to be honest. It seems early days for the team, the impression i got was that Dyno plumbing is starting to grow rapidly and from september there will be more on the gas side where as now the majority of it is going to be plumbing.

I was in 2 minds last night if i should even go, i'm glad i did, i will now have the security of a permanent job and the benefits that go with that. It's perfect timing we are waiting on the keys to our first house and like everyone else we have plans for the future that will help with.

I will have to complete a British Gas assessment but it sounds straight forward and from the sounds of it I will get briefed up before hand. He said most people pass it easy enough, working in a safe manner seems to be the order of the day.

Hopefully I will have a good career and can get involved in different aspects of the trade. I have the certs so they wouldn't have to pay for that just invest the time to give me experience but that's all a long way off. One step at a time, and getting this job is the best thing at this stage for me.
Does this mean you'll be under BG umbrella as to being gas safe already.. or is BG (GAS SAfE) as you were saying that you have to go through another test??

Excellent news fella, I assume the money/hrs suited
As for your current boss, shake his hand, give him a bottle of whisky/brandy and tell him how grateful you are for him giving you a chance, but unfortunately you need more security as your circumstances are changing (new house, maybe bigger family etc)
This time next year Rodney......

Similar plumbing topics

I have been offered an interview with the...
Replies
Views
Come on pal , you should have painted the...
Replies
Views
C
Well if that happens, I'll dig up replace...
Replies
Views
cammy0102
C
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Back