Anyone here worked for Dyno Rod? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone here worked for Dyno Rod? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Does this mean you'll be under BG umbrella as to being gas safe already.. or is BG (GAS SAfE) as you were saying that you have to go through another test??

To be honest i don't know, I think with having to do the BG test means i'll be under their gas safe, maybe they will have me doing 50/50 gas and plumbing.

Excellent news fella, I assume the money/hrs suited
As for your current boss, shake his hand, give him a bottle of whisky/brandy and tell him how grateful you are for him giving you a chance, but unfortunately you need more security as your circumstances are changing (new house, maybe bigger family etc)
This time next year Rodney......

Thanks, that's pretty much what I had in mind. I am dreading telling him tomorrow morning but i have to do what's best for me and my family. I know he will understand it's just come at a bad time (for him).

Excellent news fella, I assume the money/hrs suited
As for your current boss, shake his hand, give him a bottle of whisky/brandy and tell him how grateful you are for him giving you a chance, but unfortunately you need more security as your circumstances are changing (new house, maybe bigger family etc)
This time next year Rodney......

Yes the basic hours suit me. Have to be on call 1 weekend in 4 and 1 night a week. I will have to get used to that as I haven't done that sort of thing before. I'm sure it will be fine.

I have to step out of my comfort zone if I'm going to get the career I want.

Well done ash, onwards and upwards, you'll have to keep us updated on first day etc,

I'm not sure that you'll be allowed to keep your gas safe registration or do private work, hopefully I'm mistaken.
Congratulations anyway mate, you've come a long way in a short time

I'm not sure that you'll be allowed to keep your gas safe registration or do private work, hopefully I'm mistaken.
Congratulations anyway mate, you've come a long way in a short time

I'm more than happy to leave the private work alone, I will be better off doing overtime when offered. I want to establish myself there, gain more experience and become a better plumber.

I will go in with more confidence than i did at my current job, I won't have the Pee taken out of me but I will work very hard. It's going to be hard work i'm sure but I'm looking forward to working somewhere that is professional.

To be honest i don't know, I think with having to do the BG test means i'll be under their gas safe, maybe they will have me doing 50/50 gas and plumbing.
It's money and a good job.. Hope you make a good buck and enjoy. Thatcham the main focus :)

i worked for them a couple of years ago. Worst company i have ever worked for. They are franchised so run by people who have never picked a spanner up before and run ruthlessly. The "overtime" was not optional, at 4.45 you might get a call with 2 more jobs to attend at different ends of the city. I was paid £11 per job no matter where it was or how long it took.

Did one at hour and half drive, 3 hour repair and hour half home at 3 in the morning all for £11.

i cant even take any positives from my experience with them im afraid :( told the boss lady to F off and walked out after 6 months and started on my own

i worked for them a couple of years ago. Worst company i have ever worked for. They are franchised so run by people who have never picked a spanner up before and run ruthlessly. The "overtime" was not optional, at 4.45 you might get a call with 2 more jobs to attend at different ends of the city. I was paid £11 per job no matter where it was or how long it took.

Did one at hour and half drive, 3 hour repair and hour half home at 3 in the morning all for £11.

i cant even take any positives from my experience with them im afraid :( told the boss lady to F off and walked out after 6 months and started on my own

Jheeez

Surely the rates in payment MUST change after current working hours mate. Surely that's overtime.
Well I'll put that To the back if I ever get the offer.
Mate that's disgraceful, you really wouldn't believe big massive companies like dyno would treat company staff like that!! :eek:(

I pointed this out on another thread.
A customer calls them with a leak on a cold pipe to an appliance.
They'll say something along the lines of 'itll cost £120 to stop the leak'. Customer goes ahead
Even if its just as easy to cut the pipe and stick a flexi on, instead they'll want to cap the pipe, leaving the customer without water. They'll give them the option of repairing it with the flexi which will cost another £100.
At this point the customer will often get it done to avoid messing about with another plumber.
All this after theyve already paid their insurance excess

Last edited:
I will have a basic salary, there's loads of overtime apparently.

0800-1800

That's logged in and on the road for 8 - will have to be earlier if going a fair way. Not sure what time they will be giving me the last job on a day and not sure how the overtime works, the first month i'm going to do as much overtime as possible and see what difference that will make to my basic pay :)

I expect to be rushed off my feet and i don't mind working over my hours - providing i get paid!. There is a lunch break from what i have seen but not sure how long.

Yeah I know him, he was my com at bg(regional manager).

He was alright to begin with but time changes things. As an individual he's fine as a manager... Well he ticks all managerial boxes he may have relaxed a bit over the years so you never know he may not be there anymore but to my knowledge he is.
Health and safety is ott being part of the centrica group but I have to say Id never been so well looked after. Silly things like when I got issued a new van they asked that I reported the freshly polished rubber floor mat as a near miss and they sent a mobile valiter out to scrub it. They also stopped using transit connects as the mechanism that held the doors open wasn't stiff enough and peoples doors came back at them if they opened them to quickly...

Good luck with it though ash make the most of it

tsg were like that paranoid about h and e if it was an easy fix but couldnt in ten months get the hands free working in a brand new van as there was never time to be of the roadash i think you need to take a new job even if its not exactly what you want ,your obviously not happy where you are and theres always another job, sometimes you need to just do it

first month will be a nightmare ash as well as working you will need to learn the software who to speak to all the numbers to call you realy wont get into it till the second month

That is what i am expecting and i am mentally prepared to be all over the place for the first 4-6 weeks. Once I am in to a routine and know my way with how things are i should be ok.

Similar plumbing topics

I have been offered an interview with the...
Replies
Views
Come on pal , you should have painted the...
Replies
Views
C
Well if that happens, I'll dig up replace...
Replies
Views
cammy0102
C
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Back