Banned? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Guest123
  • Start date
  • Replies 122
  • Views 2K

Discuss Banned? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol i thought the funny side... Just shame alot of admins are too straight faced and cant take many jokes in life :p
you were being totally offensive to a new user and its not the first time you have been pulled up for it you may see it as funny but no doubt that persons first experience of this forum was not a good one,thanks to your comments,how many of you regular guys will have the balls to admit you would be put off if you had been greeted in such a way ?your temporary ban is up mate but keep slagging us off and you know where to go i am in no mood for people who feel its funny to goad others

you were being totally offensive to a new user and its not the first time you have been pulled up for it you may see it as funny but no doubt that persons first experience of this forum was not a good one,thanks to your comments,how many of you regular guys will have the balls to admit you would be put off if you had been greeted in such a way ?your temporary ban is up mate but keep slagging us off and you know where to go i am in no mood for people who feel its funny to goad others

i wouldn't have been offended to be honest mate. I've worked on sites and in customers houses for years and know how to take certain things. It would take a lot to offend me and most people understand how comments are meant and know how to reply to things that are said. I wouldn't say what was said said highly offensive, it was just a comment that is said across building sites etc everyday of the week

i wouldn't have been offended to be honest mate. I've worked on sites and in customers houses for years and know how to take certain things. It would take a lot to offend me and most people understand how comments are meant and know how to reply to things that are said. I wouldn't say what was said said highly offensive, it was just a comment that is said across building sites etc everyday of the week
yes i can see your point villa,but this was a newbie into our world whats wrong with a friendly welcome to the forums? doubt that newbie will be back ,probably never been on a site,just registering and looking for advice

yes i can see your point villa,but this was a newbie into our world whats wrong with a friendly welcome to the forums? doubt that newbie will be back ,probably never been on a site,just registering and looking for advice

In all fairness, and I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I do see what he said as a friendly welcome. It wasn't meant to offend by the looks of it, I just see it as tradesman talk if I'm honest

I'm backing out of this. They don't call me 'Yella cos of my teeth, or eyes'.

For what it's worth, I don't think we should take ourselves too seriously.

I'm backing out of this. They don't call me 'Yella cos of my teeth, or eyes'.

For what it's worth, I don't think we should take ourselves too seriously.

theres no point in taking yourself to seriously. The way I see it is I just be myself, and if someone don't like it then its there problem. I enjoy my work, meeting all different types of people through it from all walks of life. I've met some people I like and some people I don't. But it never bothers me, I just keep on smiling and do my thing.

Not trying to brown nose here but this forum is a very friendly and welcoming place, there's the odd ruffling of feathers here and there but nothing major.
The reason for this is 100% down to the mods/admins, their work in the background keeps this forum the way it is. Without any moderation it would quickly become another troll hangout like so many of the other forums out there.
I trust the guys who made this decision and I wouldn't want to do their (mostly thankless)job, there'll be plenty in the background that is kept off the forums that we don't know about, I was interested to know why he had been banned and I'm glad that he's now back. I'm happy to leave it at that.

Thank you JCpumb for those words. The mod team do a great job and its not fair for them or Admin to get the blame all the time for when someone gets a slap on the wrist. Bans and infractions come to be by that same person having their threads or posts reported by other members....in this case quite a few members. When this happens the Mods and admin have to act. Again this time I feel very reasonably with a one week ban.
Its very clear that it has made little impact on the person in question and it will soon happen again.
Having "the crack" as its put is all very well when its people you know personally or just through the forums but doing it to a newcomer is not the same. That newcomer comes to the forum and asks advice and gets.....well basically bullied. They leave with bad feelings about the forum. Now I am trade too an I understand there is a feeling about trades giving DIY etc advice but if you dont want to advice then dont but dont say anything if its not useful.

The facts are that this person has said in this thread that " Lol im back. Got banned for banter. Deciding not to contribute much at all now, just use this for brief reading when i got time. Cheers guys!"

Yet continues to fan the fire in this thread...time to move on.

In any new relationship, be it a new customer, work mate, girl friend you never start the relationship by "being yourself" and "having the crack". You only relax and be yourself once you have got to know the person and worked them out. We all know people/customers that you wont swear in front of or talk about rude things with and we all know people we can say anything to.
The same can be said about new members on the forum, and i thing its not to much to ask to be friendly and avoid things that could offend when they are new and getting to know the forum. If they stick around they will soon become less offended by any banter they see and hopefully give as good as they get and the forum will be a better and funner place for it.

preceived and received spring to my mind . how things are read by one person will be read totally different by another. if you don't like the job were doing allow me to open the door for you , if your staying shut the door its cold and have a beer

god its like saturday night all over again . i thought croppie was tighter then a ducks behind but gees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Thanks for the comments fowlerboi. Like you I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just screwdrivers. Although it’s wise to back...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
Firstly I'd counter their demand by asking for...
Replies
Views
HSE runs a free Gas Safety Advice Line...
Replies
Views
Back