Beast from the east 28/2/18 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Beast from the east 28/2/18 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Sacked work off today after taking 11/2hours to do a 1/2 hour journey on tuesday due to the snow, the weather here in norfolk is pretty grim and got worse today dumping 6" of snow overnight and through the day it was -5 degrees at 1pm today on the van when i made it to the merchants and felt alot colder with the wind chill i sorted some local work for thursday friday , how has it been for you guys . cheers kop

:D

3 frozen condys so far

And a bit of first fixing done 30 mins away from base lol was fun driving up the hills

Yep feel for you pal ..
I should have started a bathroom on Monday , been well and truly postponed , typical I have not been able to pull one job forward .
Financial disaster this week , “be rete”as we say up here .

It is alright were I am so far, dry and no snow, just freezing and the wind chill is punishing. Had a few breakdown boilers

Been doing an external barrel pipe run today. -6 and snowy. Safe to say I was pretty bloody cold!!

Had my dayjob in the food wholesalers on today and managed to get in almost on time by bicycle (as usual - CBA to drive when I don't have to). Staff were p-ssed off as both managers buggered off early in the day and left the workers (who are on a lesser pay) to run the place in a cold warehouse while they presumably sat at home in front of a roaring fire. Doesn't do much for team spirit, nor does it make me inclined to take on overtime next time they need me. That said, it was a very quiet morning with few customers, with the afternoon being reasonably quiet.

Would not have been inclined to do anything but emergency plumbing work today.

Roads were passable, but only very slowly, and no gritters on show, including some of the main arterial routes of the town. I did see one digger or similar being used to clear the roads, but that was it. Which is to be expected when council tax has barely risen for a number of years and public services are being cut instead.

Not bad where I am, a little bit of snow here and everyone stays off the roads. Absolute heaven to drive around today.

Really dumped snow last night. Was supposed to be doing an ufh 1st fix. Plough didn't go up our street till after 12 so just binned today off.

It's still busy coming down now.

I've rescheduled everything for next week as meant to be above freezing and nothing booked is urgent. Had a close call in the van yesterday and then passed a car smashed into a lampost... just thought why am I bothering?

Worse today than yesterday. Just been on to my customer and said would re assess at lunchtime. Not urgent, only fitting a doggy bath.

Just been to a Worcester 24 RI with an 3 and 1/2 meter 11/4” external condense and it was all frozen solid(hardly any fall at all):rolleyes::rolleyes:. Why can people just not fit external condenses properly?:mad::mad:

Just been to a Worcester 24 RI with an 3 and 1/2 meter 11/4” external condense and it was all frozen solid(hardly any fall at all):rolleyes::rolleyes:. Why can people just not fit external condenses properly?:mad::mad:

Just been to one 10 inch plug out boiler happy now

11/4 run about 6m long lol

Tried to get to work this morning, very very nearly got stuck so turned round and went home:)

I have done 3 today all 11/4 pipework and even had a internal supply freeze up as it was near a external air vent with a wind chill low as -10 no external condense can tolerate that . cheers kop

I have done 3 today all 11/4 pipework and even had a internal supply freeze up as it was near a external air vent with a wind chill low as -10 no external condense can tolerate that . cheers kop
Make that 7 and as above every single one was ran in 11/4”

I've had 9 calls for broken boilers today. Since I've never advertised doing boilers I can only imagine how many I would have had if I had.

Fan heaters. But some of out power plants are gas powered!!!

My fireplace doesn't draw properly so I can't even start burning the furniture if push comes to shove :(

Fan heaters. But some of out power plants are gas powered!!!

My fireplace doesn't draw properly so I can't even start burning the furniture if push comes to shove :(

petrol leaf blower will sort that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back