Boiler lockout but restarts each time when reset button pressed | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler lockout but restarts each time when reset button pressed in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Garshooey

My burner keeps cutting out it will run for maybe an hour or longer then cuts out but when you hit the reset button it starts again and runs no problem for another period of time.
I have changed the photocell and the electrodes as there was a small crack on the electrodes . I have checked the pump and it is running steady at 8bar. The only thing I can think of is the control box but it looks ok but not sure. It has to be electrical as the burner restarts with the button. I also changed the solenoid just in case it was overheating. The capacitor looks ok but will test it in the morning. Anyone got an ideas what else.
Burner is a wallstar hrm made by bentone which is about 15years old. All suggestions welcomed. Nozzle on burner is clean and not dirty or sooty. I don't hear any strange noises when the burner is running but the problem is interment so I am at a loss.

Re: Burner lockout but restarts when reset button pressed

HETAS - google it .

I like the HRM's and particularly like it when new customers to me say that neither them nor the previous engineer can get rid of the bubble in the hose! Sign of a useless boiler engineer! Hahaha HRM's little secret!

Updating them to the newer models is nice and easy aswell!

providing you have the stones to catch the heat exchanger that is

Re: Burner lockout but restarts when reset button pressed

Sorry OFTEC

My burner keeps cutting out it will run for maybe an hour or longer then cuts out but when you hit the reset button it starts again and runs no problem for another period of time.
I have changed the photocell and the electrodes as there was a small crack on the electrodes . I have checked the pump and it is running steady at 8bar. The only thing I can think of is the control box but it looks ok but not sure. It has to be electrical as the burner restarts with the button. I also changed the solenoid just in case it was overheating. The capacitor looks ok but will test it in the morning. Anyone got an ideas what else.
Burner is a wallstar hrm made by bentone which is about 15years old. All suggestions welcomed. Nozzle on burner is clean and not dirty or sooty. I don't hear any strange noises when the burner is running but the problem is interment so I am at a loss.

My advice would be to get in touch with an OFTEC engineer. This does sound like it could be one of a number of possibilities and it's better to be safe than sorry.
I did have a similar problem on a job a few months ago that turned out to be a blocked flue so I hope that you have a CO monitor that works because if it's the flue then it's dangerous.

As previously stated - Call an OFTEC engineer - it might cost you but then, IMHO, it's better to be alive and poor than rich and dead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
With no pressure gauge or flue gas analyser...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
All stats have a hysteresis but I couldn't...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
E
Oil boilers can kill you as stone dead as a...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
hate to say it but a pressure test means you...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Back