can your vans cope with snow ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Billy Bob Bob
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 791

Discuss can your vans cope with snow ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every van I have had is utterly useless in any amount of snow. Luckily we don't get much at all here in Plymouth.

It's a RWD van and it has the usual traction control, so no probably not. But it's driven by a Scotsman who can! There's no way I will allow my company to miss a day of productivity due to snow!!

The roads here are well gritted and salted. A landrover would be as good as a chocolate hammer.

The only problem is trying to cope with the loads of people down here in England who can't seem to drive in snow. They all seem to block roads and panic. They are the real menace tbh.

It's a RWD van and it has the usual traction control, so no probably not. But it's driven by a Scotsman who can! There's no way I will allow my company to miss a day of productivity due to snow!!
snow chains

Never needed them in the UK. A simple plumber's blowtorch to melt enough snow around the tyre to get started is all that's needed.

Would most likely need them for mountain areas though.

Never needed them in the UK. A simple plumber's blowtorch to melt enough snow around the tyre to get started is all that's needed.

Would most likely need them for mountain areas though.

ya mean....outside of lincolnshire.lol

Do you think it'll start then? Snow tyres in readiness in the garage.
hasent failed to yet first turn of the key everytime,TBH its been far more reliable than my expert that thing was a mare fo electrical issues

My old Mazda e2000 used to be a beast in the snow. Haven't tried the renault traffic yet but I'm sure it'll disappoint.

My old Mazda e2000 used to be a beast in the snow. Haven't tried the renault traffic yet but I'm sure it'll disappoint.
the other point to this thread other than to **** everyone off is to get you lot to order snow chains or get winter tyres in so you can cope

I got stuck on the bwlch mountain last year in the snow it was like surviver Blow lamp to melt snow for a cup of tea in the van while the boy dug us out ha ha

If it snows i stay in....easy peasy, the snow doesnt last long here in east sussex so i wont be missing much..

I got stuck on the bwlch mountain last year in the snow it was like surviver Blow lamp to melt snow for a cup of tea in the van while the boy dug us out ha ha
would not go up the bwlch in the snow even in the landy its lethal in bad weather up there

would not go up the bwlch in the snow even in the landy its lethal in bad weather up there
Was a very bad judgement tbh I drove though Ogmore vale looked ok got to the bottom of the mountain ahhhh b ok very wrong the snow was to the van bumper had to reverse down because it was so bad very scary

Taking out the land rover brigade (fair play to you) it's not just the van can cope but also your driving style.

Taking out the land rover brigade (fair play to you) it's not just the van can cope but also your driving style.
good point 4x4,s will cope with snow but they will also slide out of control if your not skilled

hasent failed to yet first turn of the key everytime,TBH its been far more reliable than my expert that thing was a mare fo electrical issues

You actually expected an expert to start in the cold? Got to love your optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It just goes to show how useless they really...
Replies
Views
Back