can your vans cope with snow ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Billy Bob Bob
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 791

Discuss can your vans cope with snow ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil if only happen on cold mornings is something to do with :
glow plugs
wirering
temp sensors
or leaking injectors ( park your van facing up hill and if it's stop then is your injectors seals if it stay the same look for something else )
also get winter tyres

Phil if only happen on cold mornings is something to do with :
glow plugs
wirering
temp sensors
or leaking injectors ( park your van facing up hill and if it's stop then is your injectors seals if it stay the same look for something else )
also get winter tyres
its blue stan that can only be burning oil

its blue stan that can only be burning oil

misfire just like boilers , wrong amount of diesel in combustion chamber will also bring blue/white smoke ! And because is not constant fault will be just first thing in the morning ! Just like my VW transporter which had a faulty glow plug on cylinder 3 , so cold mornings I was getting little bit of difficult start up along with small cloud of blue/white smoke

Is that bad or can I bury my head in the sand a bit longer? I'd rather spend the money on snow tyres. Does worn valve seals mean higher fuel consumption? I've noticed I don't seem to get as far for £27 these days.

Dont worry about it if it clears. Lots of diesels are like that.

Interesting....is this the same with the plastic Landrovers (Freelanders) I must worn my dad not to yank up mid motion.

they only have brakes in each corner so uk,
fantastic car in ice and snow imo.

they only have brakes in each corner so uk,
fantastic car in ice and snow imo.

Yeah they're sound enough underneath I suppose.

My van's blue smoke does appear more when parked up a hill front end higher.

Yeah they're sound enough underneath I suppose.

My van's blue smoke does appear more when parked up a hill front end higher.
is it everytime you start it from cold,like first thing in the morning? and blue in color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It just goes to show how useless they really...
Replies
Views
Back