Cheapest Combinaton boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cheapest Combinaton boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
the itemised bill will be labour and material cost combined you know e.g "magnetic filter installed for extra £180" I dont like telling customer materials and labour seperate they get a price for the job im doing n thats that

it's a nightmare at the moment customers will not seem to listen when it comes to good boiler versus cheap boiler they care only about 1 thing price, even though they probably know it will come back to bite them later on.
Went to the ldeal logic training course in hull yesterday. was surprised how good it was. got to strip down etc very easy to work on 5 year warranty that has to be a good selling point. also got a tour of the factory which was interesting too. i would recomend the course to anybody well worth a day off if you can afford it in these tough times.

I have just been on the intergas course today. The boilers really do look as good as people are saying. Looking forward to fitting my first.

does anybody know of any band a boilers in the £500 -£600.00 bracket inc flue and clock. the good bad and the ugly suggrestions all welcome. newly gas registered so would like a broad spec of boilers for when i am quoting.

Some people just want the cheapest. we have a lot of landlords around our area and they will only have the cheapest.

agree all they think about is the price if it saves them £100 to fit rubbish they will fit rubbish. you want a stat? does it cost extra plumber? yes ... just leave it then .... this is the type of people most landlords are

had one when ask how much is boiler.......then I said is the cost of flue and timer on top of that ........

landlord said do I need those .......... can you not use old flue at least

does anybody know of any band a boilers in the £500 -£600.00 bracket inc flue and clock. the good bad and the ugly suggrestions all welcome. newly gas registered so would like a broad spec of boilers for when i am quoting.
Hi yes the Ideal Logic is okay its easy to install and comes with a optional 5 year warrenty, price including standard flue is just short of £500 plus vat, oh and it has filling loop built in as well, hope this helps.

is the ideal logic a combi?

i have an ideal isar in my house (i know but i got it for nothing from the ideal rep about 6-7 yrs ago cause we fitted a couple of hundred for a local housing association, TBH we didnt really get too much both from them) i have changed my user control and it has gone again, so im gonna buy a new user control tmrow to get the boiler up and running but i need to think about changing the boiler, so peeps what am i to fit in my own house?
i dont really hear too many good things about too many boilers, so what combis are you fitting?

if its a combi baxi duotec or potterton performa he if you want tougher you can still buy a 105 se if you want a heat only direct replacement for your isar DO NOT GET A BAXI SOLO HE they are a pig in the pork heat only theres limited choice at the moment,you could also fit a duotec or performa system boiler quick warm up times but keep your cylinder

if its a combi baxi duotec or potterton performa he if you want tougher you can still buy a 105 se if you want a heat only direct replacement for your isar DO NOT GET A BAXI SOLO HE they are a pig in the pork heat only theres limited choice at the moment,you could also fit a duotec or performa system boiler quick warm up times but keep your cylinder

i have a combi so im gonna stick with a combi, had thought about going unvented, but can be @rsed (typical in your own house isnt it :eek:) will see what the concensus is and think i need to do a wee bit of real work for a change,
always on the lookout to save a few quid, is there any way a boiler can be bought for me by a firm and the VAT lost? even if i cant save the VAT i would be quite happy for someone else to claim it back, any ideas?

BAXI 105e COMBI BOILER WITH FLUE, TIMECLOCK AND LOOP on eBay (end time 21-Mar-11 18:20:03 GMT)
this would be my choice if i did not have one already LOL yes i know its not a he but its a tough reliable boiler
or theres the he version
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Baxi-MAIN-30H...ome_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item2ea9e
or but a bit dear imho if theres a dougfields buy you they are doing potterton golds cheaper and they are the same boiler
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Baxi-MAIN-30H...ome_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item2ea9e
if it was my home and i wanted a reliable boiler that dont break, freeze in the winter,and is good on gas it would be the 105e stuff high effecincy

Last edited by a moderator:
i fitted a valliant 618 in my house with the option of going for a unvented in the future.

I took out a 2 year old potterton and put in a WB never had any problems with it.

potterton suprima

that explains it the suprimas a heat only and a shed,i am on about the performa(105e) combi and potterton gold(duotec these are cracking boilers but potterton done them selves alot of harm with the suprima and puma

that explains it the suprimas a heat only and a shed,i am on about the performa(105e) combi and potterton gold(duotec these are cracking boilers but potterton done them selves alot of harm with the suprima and puma

I fitted a potterton gold boiler yesterday and to be honest it looks like a good bit of kit.

Hi yes the Ideal Logic is okay its easy to install and comes with a optional 5 year warrenty, price including standard flue is just short of £500 plus vat, oh and it has filling loop built in as well, hope this helps.

Ferroli optimax 31C is the cheapest i can get hold of with 5 year's parts and labour warranty.
Is the ideal boiler any good

what about the Ideal Independent, its the contract version of the logic. visually, the only difference is the strip where the controls are is grey instead of white. It still has a 2 years warranty and comes with flue and built in mech clock.
We generally give quotes for the independent, a logic+ and a worcester. We dont break the quote down, they just get a total price. I Wish we could add 20% materials but the price would be too much.

Last edited:
I am a fulltime Landlord and am fitting potterton Golds now as they are great value for money and ease of available spares and plumbers able to work on them.

I prefer Golds over Maine only cos I am not convinced with Ali heat exchangers.

Gold with inline magnetic scale inhibiter and fernox tf1 with internal condense drain is as good as fit and forget your gonna get IMHO

Jay

I am also a landlord and have just fitted a main 24HE. Cost me £528 inc flue/clock/ vat. £200 to fit the boiler by plumber and i did the heating circuit myself. I am fitting spirotechs to all my boilers slowly.

I made a mistake of getting an ariston 4/5yrs ago and it gives me loads of problems (current one on this board). Most of the houses have main or potterton.

where is this plumber GSR that fit boilers for 200,I will pass on all my boiler change jobs to him ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
J
All boilers will need parts replacing...
Replies
Views
7 years without use is not good I wouldn't...
Replies
Views
B
To expand slightly on @John.g's answer, many...
Replies
Views
Back