Cheapest Combinaton boiler | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cheapest Combinaton boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the Band B boilers days being numberd,the days of £500 boilers will soon be over (for now?), the difference in price between a rubbish Band A boiler and a Good Band A boiler isnt that great any way anymore.

This is true and it is easy to price two boilers on your quotes. I do it as I have been undercut that many times with the 400 pound band b brigade.

last one i had ,went to fit gas hob !old one was 15 years old start coming apart ....installed new one then they ask for system upgrade ! they had floor standing boiler about 15-20years old and they ask for new system boiler with mega-flow !new mains new ,boiler new location vertical flue and new rads ! total cost come up to 5k .
Then they say ohh we don't have that much to spend ,then give them a cheaper option like 3.5k ! ohhh this is to much ...
Then i give them option to have just combi just under 3k ...
Ohh we have to really look in to our budget ......
Then can you not power flush ....
can you not leave the old rads.....
can you not fit a filter ....
can you not fit a limemaster...
why do you have to change rad valves ......

On the end i just told the customer please make your decision on what i have already itemised on my quote and get back to me !
i think is been 20 days now no sign of them .....thanks god
I think if i did get job would have been hell working in there house ...big house but customer not spending on maintains
so really time waisted . for every quote it does take me about 2-3h to do it

I know the feeling only too well mate.

the itemised bill will be labour and material cost combined you know e.g "magnetic filter installed for extra £180" I dont like telling customer materials and labour seperate they get a price for the job im doing n thats that

At a recent quote I sent went like this as the customer clearly looked at prices and I got the job.

Supply, relocate and fit F&E tank & CWST 3937
Supply & fit 125 litre megaflow independent of CWST £987
Supply & fit heatrea 9 KW boiler & 6 radiators £1368
Supply and fit H&C water supply pipework to new bathroom £380

Etc etc this way I itemised everything but included the fitted price to disguise the margins all in all the price was keen as he had a few but it just saved the bartering on the main items which I used to itemise seperately. Now I don't.

Hi yes the Ideal Logic is okay its easy to install and comes with a optional 5 year warrenty, price including standard flue is just short of £500 plus vat, oh and it has filling loop built in as well, hope this helps.

It's the logik+ that has a five year and it is dearer.

Pls stop with all this crap fitting
Boilers for 120 a day !!!

If you aren't supplying anything and your not flushing out etc etc you can do a couple a day not bad if you can keep it up. Wouldn't be me though I'd rather do something else than throw boilers in at break neck pace just to make a buck.

Heating-eng surely you can do better than that raise your game man.

every one is on about foreign guys undercutting every one .......where here we have the X BG MAN ;););););););););)

Pls stop with all this crap fitting
Boilers for 120 a day !!!
I can work for what ever i like. £120 a day suits me fine, most combis take me 2 days and are fitted to the highest standards.
I am happy to work 3 to 4 days a week at that price.

If you aren't supplying anything and your not flushing out etc etc you can do a couple a day not bad if you can keep it up. Wouldn't be me though I'd rather do something else than throw boilers in at break neck pace just to make a buck.

Heating-eng surely you can do better than that raise your game man.
my game is higher than most thanks.
i do not need to rush and miss things off.
i am a new business and need to build customers.

Omg this is out of order ... I am giving up on here totally blown away ....can not franky believe it

To be honest I don't care what other people charge, I just look after myself and the rest looks after itself. However I would not recommend saying what you charge in the open forums, customer will just get an idea of what they expect to pay, and prices can differ from bloke to bloke. Also with our industry being on watchdog every other week things like this can't help. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemies.

ah erm!!!!!!
keep it polite lads,

we all have our living costs,each to thier own.

quite frankly, i am new business as i have just got my own ticket and i would be happy with £500 a week at the moment.

think thats £100 a day, eeek

ah erm!!!!!!
keep it polite lads,

we all have our living costs,each to thier own.

quite frankly, i am new business as i have just got my own ticket and i would be happy with £500 a week at the moment.

think thats £100 a day, eeek
Thanks

yes i agree i was wrong to condemn earlier in another thread ,if your earning what you need then your winning the fight and we are all in that situation at the mo,pity band b is gone,keeps prices down

Martin that is fine mate, but advertising his services at this rate is not doing good to any body !!! this is why we have plumbers arms for !!!

yes i agree i was wrong to condemn earlier in another thread ,if your earning what you need then your winning the fight and we are all in that situation at the mo,pity band b is gone,keeps prices down
That is why i offer to fit cheap band A boilers to try and get the work. It is not easy out there at the moment.

Martin that is fine mate, but advertising his services at this rate is not doing good to any body !!! this is why we have plumbers arms for !!!
I was commenting on a post where somebody said he has boilers fitted for £200.
People are very quick to start slating people and saying they are not doing the job correctly when charging low prices but the truth is i fit boilers as good as anybody i have seen and better than most i used to go to at BG but at a price that suits me and suits my customers.

i-midi at plumbcenter basicly ideal logic only carrys one year warrantee though

i agree,,
any price comparison take it over to the plumbers arms. if you cant get in then contact dan or dave for the key.
otherwise custards in london may think they can get a combi fitted for£99.99, with a very small but valid chance could affect the market. who knows its bad enough allready.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree,,
any price comparison take it over to the plumbers arms. if you cant get in then contact dan or dave for the key.
otherwise custards in london may think they can get a combi fitted for£99.99, with a very small but valid chance could affect the market. who knows its bad enough allready.
no problem

Went to the ldeal logic training course in hull yesterday. was surprised how good it was. got to strip down etc very easy to work on 5 year warranty that has to be a good selling point..

5 years warrantly is all well good, but if they dont service it every year then it is void, as many custards are worried about price, getting things done as cheap as possible, do you think they will get it serviced for every year.

5 years warrantly is all well good, but if they dont service it every year then it is void, as many custards are worried about price, getting things done as cheap as possible, do you think they will get it serviced for every year.

That's up to them, if they don,t get it serviced then why would the man,s cover it ?
If you buy a new car it has to be serviced to be covered for warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
J
All boilers will need parts replacing...
Replies
Views
7 years without use is not good I wouldn't...
Replies
Views
B
To expand slightly on @John.g's answer, many...
Replies
Views
Back