Checkatrade | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Checkatrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure anyone thinking of joining up does a quick search on the competition first. It will be a bit of a waste of time and money if there's already 10 established plumbers (or even one potentially) in your area. Like anything else, if there's a gap in the market then jump in there before someone else does.

I joined back in 2011. Never looked back. I am similar to mike and keiran, in the fact that 75% of my new customers come to me through checkatrade.

For me it has worked well, and has enabled me to build up a very big customer base, in quite a short time.

Just looking through my diary, and have averaged 8 calls a week though it, since January,

£10 plus vat a week, is same as a couple of ads I use now, so dropping them and trying something else may benefit me, only 3 plumbers/2 gas and 1 oil lad within 9 miles, then no more within 30! However, I would think that being rural, the benefits will be less for me than the likes of those living near Pompie where the lemmings are all squashed in on a little island

Last edited by a moderator:
There's quite a few in my area now but because I've been on a while I've got a lot of feedback which people like. I think it's one of those things that benefits the early adopters.

There are loads in my area, but still get lots of work from it.
Get loads of jobs in Petersfield an Midhurst from it £££££

the more jobs you get the better checkatrade will improve for you. No word of a lie thats one week mine has been live and i have complete 2 day which have turned into other job and got a further two calls today.

It does work i will see how i get on the next month or so, Ian one thing i will say is you also get a rep any hassle just give them a call they have been really good customer service.

The one thing you will have a problem with is the part p paper which we dont have in scotland which falls under our sqa, but that is easy sorted.

I got a nice wee pack from them today with new feedback cards, stickers etc so really hoping this takes off..

PS wish ray would open a branch in scotland lol your fittings prices are half the prices up here.

Steven

yes i no cant beat your service, btw tell amy in accounts thanks for scaring me with saying my card was declined when she entered the wrong number lol,

See you accepted my challenge with bath and the cyclinder lol

I've got one guy in my very large town. He already has 7 positive reviews having joined in August 2013. Would it be worth me even joining because he'll always have more reviews?

What worries me about these sites is, you pay your £800, everything goes well for 6 months etc then some numpty has a misunderstanding and posts a bad review. Bang, that one bad review will make any potential customer look elsewhere. You know what customers are like, we've all fell out with 1 or 2 but if that messed-up my Checkatrade page I paid 800 for, i'd be peeved.

I've got one guy in my very large town. He already has 7 positive reviews having joined in August 2013. Would it be worth me even joining because he'll always have more reviews?

What worries me about these sites is, you pay your £800, everything goes well for 6 months etc then some numpty has a misunderstanding and posts a bad review. Bang, that one bad review will make any potential customer look elsewhere. You know what customers are like, we've all fell out with 1 or 2 but if that messed-up my Checkatrade page I paid 800 for, i'd be peeved.

I have a very bad review (which was mostly false but that's another thing). It hasn't really stopped my flow of work because I have 86 good ones.

7 reviews since August 2013, isn't that many. Leave review cards with every job and you'll soon beat 7. If checkatrade receive a bad review they always check with you and give you a chance to respond before it is published.

pay by direct debit monthly save the problem

lpc said:

Apparently bad-review blackmail has become a big enough problem that tripadvisor have a page on their website dealing with it.

[QUOTE lame plumber;654426]their site said they do dds to ease payment[/QUOTE]

Found it in the faq's :)

7 reviews since August 2013, isn't that many. Leave review cards with every job and you'll soon beat 7. If checkatrade receive a bad review they always check with you and give you a chance to respond before it is published.

Is it only on jobs that come through them or do you leave them at every job?

I give customers a £5 discount off their next job too if they get the feedback card back or do an online review within a week. Seems to work well for me and pretty much guarantees repeat business!

I'll be phoning them back tomorrow, just had to dig out the PLI and certificates and get previous customers permission to be called for feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've never seen error codes displayed. Sorry...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can, as suggested, top up at night/very...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would just ask them. Yes a bridge mixer is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back