Checkatrade | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Checkatrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
discount next year haha thats it, ian make sure you have everything there for colin when he comes up as you get a discount

I have my appointment, they're coming to see me next Tuesday morning at 09.00. Blokes name is Colin Holborn.

they keep calling me but Ive been to busy to chat, so calling back Friday

same guy then met me simon

Ps cardsave have not got back to me so i will be at them again

they keep calling me but Ive been to busy to chat, so calling back Friday

Today was the first chance I had to speak to them, theyve been trying since monday. Id just breathed new life into an old grant that really needs scrapping and was admiring my handywork when they caught me.

Guys, come on. Can't believe your all joining, we,ll all end up having to join like a monopoly.
Some one else with a finger in our all ready finger riddled pie.

How about we all hang fire (I spoke to them this week) and agree a reduced rate of we all sign up?

They offered me a discount if I have all documentation at time of meeting, I'm sure they can better though.

I think it was £569 +vat! you can pay quarterly but not monthly.

i reckon we could get it for £500 a piece if we can get 10 people to join as a group buy? They also offered a money back guarantee if I wasn't happy with the amount of work I got from it.

Guys, come on. Can't believe your all joining, we,ll all end up having to join like a monopoly.
Some one else with a finger in our all ready finger riddled pie.

I really can't see your issue with it. It's just a way of advertising really. £600 for a years advertising is cheap. A while ago people were talking about spending that sort of money on a website with SEO or some other jargon. When i started out I looked at the price of a small ad in the Friday Ad. It worked out to about £30 a week, that's over £1500 a year on a small ad.

My only gripe with it is there are 2/3 pages worth of adds on my post code all with feedback of 10 9.9 9.8 so what is the point in me bothering I'd be bottom of the page for the first year until I got all the feedback in and scored

My only gripe with it is there are 2/3 pages worth of adds on my post code all with feedback of 10 9.9 9.8 so what is the point in me bothering I'd be bottom of the page for the first year until I got all the feedback in and scored

Same here,I also don't like the the thought of being someone's pig. Worrying about wether a customer will give me agood review or not.

I would rather know that a customer wasnt happy and take steps to address it. Nothing worse than a customer that says to your face that they are happy but then tells people you did this, that or the other.

I know people like my work, I know that people they know also like my work. It will just give me a bigger audience for people who like my work. Cost wise, its cheaper than an ad in the local rag.

I'll give it a go for a year and see how it goes. If it doesnt work then I wont renew.

discount next year haha thats it, ian make sure you have everything there for colin when he comes up as you get a discount

Yip, i have my appointment on the 6th of June and got all my details at hand :D
PM me your details or txt me them so i can say about you recommending me :)

It doesnt work like that, most recent relevant review goes to the top

Same here,I also don't like the the thought of being someone's pig. Worrying about wether a customer will give me agood review or not.

If you're in business, you are always your customer's pig.

And they are constantly giving you good or bad reviews - talking to friends, neighbours, relatives and co-workers. All that sites like checkatrade do is amplify those reviews which would otherwise only be broadcast to a few dozen people and extends that to the entire web.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to colin today if anyone wants speak right to membership consultant please drop me a pm and i will give you his number. he can answer any questions and tell you about checkatrade.

Ian is your appointment not wednesday the 4th he said

I spoke to colin today if anyone wants speak right to membership consultant please drop me a pm and i will give you his number. he can answer any questions and tell you about checkatrade.

Ian is your appointment not wednesday the 4th he said

Aye, something like that ;).
Looking forward to seeing if it's good.

It doesnt work like that, most recent relevant review goes to the top

So why is the first company's last review April and the 6th company's review may? It's good if it does work like that and that would make me consider it.

I'm just not keen on bringing in a third party into it.
i don't even think it's expensive, I don't like the feeling that someone else has an influence over me.
And the fact that I simply don't trust any of these business to be fair in the long run, when there's money to be made.
It almost feels having a boss again.
ive been self employed sixteen years, guess I don't like change.

I think its each to their own. I've had a good look at the site, had a search of the nearest companies to me and had a good look at the quality, volume and content of the feedback.

I like the opportunity to address any poor feedback and give your side of the experience.

Personally for me it looks like something that will work well.

I currently make a decent living but want to expand. This just might generate the volume to do that.

I'm thinking about jumping on board as well, ive got 2 boiler installers within 10 miles of me thed nearest being 6 miles, so seems like it might be worth it

Signed up this morning. I'll give it a year and see how it goes.

I spoke to checkatrade on friday and if i was to join id have to do a skype meeting as too far away and there is no one within 100miles of me is on checkatrade . So im wayin up pros n cons to see if viable. Its not that i need work but its a good way of them building up a public profile for u. Where i stay everyone knows everyone and i built my business up simply with word of mouth and recomendations. They said they are doing a money back garauntee system if it doesnt work.

how did it go simon Did you get colin

kris if you want colins number ( membership consultant) let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've never seen error codes displayed. Sorry...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can, as suggested, top up at night/very...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would just ask them. Yes a bridge mixer is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back