Cold Radiators | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cold Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you've shut down all the old rads that will indicate your problem. But I would put my money on the fact your extension has been piped from too small of a pipe to meet the heat demands.

Once you've shut down all the old rads that will indicate your problem. But I would put my money on the fact your extension has been piped from too small of a pipe to meet the heat demands.

Me thinks so too, this is going to be a long night :chillpill:

Hi again
Thank you everyone...I have an update. I turned off all the radiators apart from the troublesome ones..One radiator is warm, not hot whereas the other isn't but the pipes going to it are warm! Sadly not the radiator itself..

Pipeworks too small. Needs repiping back to larger diameter pipework.

You need to give the guy a chance to sort it himself. But def sounds like it's piped incorrectly. If he refuses then you have grounds to inform him that you will get somebody else in to sort the issue and use the outstanding funds to pay for the works. Also that if the works cost more than the what's left he'll have to pay.

Hi
Just the pipes that come up out of the wall and go into the radiator are warm...The radiator itself is cold ;((

What about the valve on the other side ? It does not matter how bad the system is paiped , rads WILL get hot if all the others are turned off !!!
You need to check the other valve an also let air out + I am sure you have not turn all the others off , pls double check all rads are cold + please check boiler thermostat that is set at min 65 ! If not sure pls stop playing with it and get a plumber in to sort it should be easy to fault find it

My response was "I think" because the plumber said that the lockshield valve was open. All other rads are cold..We've checked for air.Thanks for your help. I will speak to the plumber

Finally the radiator is luke warm. The heating has been on for four hours and all other rads were turned off for the duration

What is temperature set at boiler ? It could be problem with boiler tbh if temperature is set at 60 and rad is not getting hot or there is a blockage or the rev is faulty ! Please remove head of trv valve

I said it was going to be a long night:rolleyes2: round and round and round, you need to get someone else to look at it and send the plumber from hell the bill:bandana: there's more guessing going on here than University Challenge or more like a game of tennis, if you live round the corner I would come round and sort it. Where do you live ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
Back