Cold Radiators | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cold Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just employ the fellow member to sort it out for you ! It will not cost you that much and will alow you to get on with your day to day duties

The temp on the boiler seems to be fluctuating between 66 and 80...

Ha ha ha ....I work in Leeds Wed, Thurs, Fri. Is next week convenient? Thanks Jules ;))

I plucked up the courage and spoke to the plumber this morning. I felt as though I knew a bit more to ask the right questions than I did before all everyones great advice on this forum. He is sticking to his guns and telling me that the boiler is under powered. He said that you lose 20% and that the approx output of the 15 radiators is 100btu (?!!) I'm not sure how I could work out the demand from the radiators...
There is some 22mm pipe upstairs but then it goes down to 15mm downstairs. He says that it's not standard practise to use 22mm everywhere and that he would even struggle to get the connections.. He also mentioned that he could fit a pump and that might help. He's also saying that he won't be responsible for an underpowered boiler as that was fitted by someone ele but at no stage did he say that the boiler is underpowered until now...
Thanks very much and any further help would be appreciated... Tony is hoping to come next week

Boiler underpowered is rubbish and is one of the first things I check when installing additional rads. Your response to this should have been to say that you had turned all the other rads off so it was only running the additional ones. Good luck for next week.

No plumber worth his salt add radiators to a system that would render the boiler under size, there is no more to be said, I will be there next week to have a look Jules

Tony the Terrible :20:

Bet his come off a return from a rad which he thought was a flow (Some people think that because it has a TRV on it its going to be a flow, which is not always the case) , and tied what he thought was a return into a return to pick up for his new circuit (If you get the jist) wont work unless the rad his come off is working/trv open etc. I've seen that before with people not knowing what their doing. Its a proper head scratcher when you come up against it as you eyes miss it the first few times because your mind and skill tells you No he wouldnt of done that. My picture I drew up quickly might make it clearer.

Attachments

• Rads Piped Incorrectly_1.jpg
    Rads Piped Incorrectly_1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 57
Thank you for the drawing.... If we turn off all the other radiators after an hour or so the temperamental rad becomes barely luke warm...would your suggestion still apply? ;)

Yes as a TRV may still pass when screwed right down. Without having a 2nd beady eye on what this guy has done you may never know as he could just keep trying to pull the wool over your eyes :(

Me thinks it's not that daft, there are 5 rads not getting hot, that means he's done it five times, he would then be the real plumber from hell, too much speculation going on an not enough facts, I will sort it out next week chaps and I will report back, it will not be just one thing wrong. leave this one alone now and I will be back.

Tony

Sorry just getting in on this coz I love a mystery

What do you think it might be Riley???? we could have a met,:21: throw a party :cake: play cluedo :beatnik: or simply have a cuppa:coffee: I will let you know don't worry.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
Back