difficult customer | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter iain
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 14K

Discuss difficult customer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amazing. Obviously the customer and builder have not got a clue. I would'nt let them get away with it. This is what I would do. Make sure I have raised an invioce for the amount of cash recieved and put it through my books. Therefore all clear with the authorities. Let them take you to court and make sure you take along a copy of your water regs and Part H and G building regulations. Modern above ground soil and waste systems are not generaly constructed to with stand hydraulic pressure water test. Building inspectors happy with a few minutes on an air test.

Sorry Dannypipe did'nt see. Good to agree though.

Reg Man is spot on - put the invoice through your books because you can be sure the customer will raise it as a missing invoice and put it through his books anyway! But do sort out your Liability insurance! Well worth the money.

trouble is it was a cash job, with no liability insurence in a small town where reputation and word of mouth is everything. i have no legal standing at all. tempted to cut my losses, but it's kind of a matter of principle. it wasn't my fault. i'm sure of it.
for sure not your fault! what a numpty testing it that way, his own foolishness caused this, not you. I always prefer to write when i have problems, when you speak directly i always either get frustrated and get myself mixed up or forget to mention importnt points. Id write it all down, state regs that support you can send it to them. Then record all corrospondance and take that info to court is it gets that far, good luck

This has happened to me I unblocked a sink which involved taking it off the wall 3 days later customer n a builder are demanding to know what i did on a job as there is a major leak when i left there were no leaks and they are demanding i pay for the builders bill what do i do as they are threatening me small claims

This has happened to me I unblocked a sink which involved taking it off the wall 3 days later customer n a builder are demanding to know what i did on a job as there is a major leak when i left there were no leaks and they are demanding i pay for the builders bill what do i do as they are threatening me small claims

where did the leak come from / leak from what ?

did you turn it / move it and push fit is never the best once aged if moved,

why was the builder called and not you?

Yes i had to remove it.....thats what am wondering why did she call a Builder and am i liable for what he does

maybe worth an ask, you might find the builder was doing works there :D

She called him when she saw water coming through the ceiling is the story i got, she told him later in the day i had been there

Last edited:
Down load copy of testing requirements, present to customer and then say you have seven days to pay after that I will take you to court

Thats the thing shes damanding money from me

How did she get hold of you? Regular customer?

Why didn't she ask you to inspect and put right? Because she hasn't given you reasonable opportunity to go back and only contacted you after the fact you can tell her to do one.

Politely of course!

Yes its a previous customer! Really no idea why she didn't ask me to put it right she asked a builder!! This threat of small claims is really stressing me out

Smells fishier than a 4 day old can of tuna.

The forums very own Jessica fletcher is here!

My opinion is if you carry on stressing about this you'll make yourself ill and that won't help anyone. I would continue to deny any blame. There's no way you can be help liable in my opinion.

Customer has responsibility to limit loss, in this case, stop using sink. Then give you chance to put right any defects caused by your work. Unless asked to inspect and replace we have to take existing waste pipework on trust. Although in the case of concertina type flexible bends I always recommend replacement.
Stand firm. Invoice in full, and deny any responsibility unless she can convince you it was your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

H
Fair point well made Phil
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
You should've taken some pice for austerity.
Replies
Views
Back