difficult customer | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter iain
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 14K

Discuss difficult customer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you had done work that was clearly very serious and showed you as incompetent, then the customer should have called you back to the job, not a builder.
Although possible, rarely would a waste pipe disconnected do instant heavy damage, so it all seems suspicious.
That fact the customer had you doing work in the past is useful information to a court as it shows she had no concerns about your work as she has now got you back.
The Small Claims Court prefers hard evidence, so all communication between you and customer plus from the builder, insurance company (if any), will be needed. Letters, emailed letters, texts, photographs, are all evidence.
So just send an invoice and include a letter stating you were never informed of any problem to rectify and can now not verify where a leak has happened, or who was responsible for the existing plumbing work. Keep copies of any letters.

Unless you had done work that was clearly very serious and showed you as incompetent, then the customer should have called you back to the job, not a builder.
Although possible, rarely would a waste pipe disconnected do instant heavy damage, so it all seems suspicious.
That fact the customer had you doing work in the past is useful information to a court as it shows she had no concerns about your work as she has now got you back.
The Small Claims Court prefers hard evidence, so all communication between you and customer plus from the builder, insurance company (if any), will be needed. Letters, emailed letters, texts, photographs, are all evidence.
So just send an invoice and include a letter stating you were never informed of any problem to rectify and can now not verify where a leak has happened, or who was responsible for the existing plumbing work. Keep copies of any letters.

Been stressed first time ive had this happen, went to bed early last night am only looking at this now
thanks for your replies so far, I'm in the process of writing what's happened so far, last night the customer posted on fb to not use me cos i dont know what am doing and admin stopped all comments thank Goodness

Been stressed first time ive had this happen, went to bed early last night am only looking at this now
thanks for your replies so far, I'm in the process of writing what's happened so far, last night the customer posted on fb to not use me cos i dont know what am doing and admin stopped all comments thank Goodness

Only natural to get stressed with a customer like that. But a lot worse things can happen in life, so stay cool and talk it over with somebody, especially someone in the trade experienced of that sort of nonsense.
Forget about Small Claims Court. It probably won't happen and if you keep your paperwork and also respond to your customer stating the facts and how she has failed to contact you properly for you to investigate, - then you should be okay I reckon.

Got a thing going on at the moment.........

Customers old pump brought the ceiling down
Fitted new pump and tested a few times

Then payment was refused a month later because whilst the builder was quoting for the ceiling his mate just happened to go upstairs and flush the toilet where the customer and builder saw water flowing out from a joint ! (yeah like pigs fly!!!).

As communications are being exchanged she is saying the impossible and digging a hole for herself.

Keep all communications friendly for now.

If you have access to that post - keep it.

You could threaten her with defamation.
See where that will bring her.

There's no way she can make judgements about you and your ability from that experience.

I would lay as low as possible and let her make a case against herself for you.

If you're in the game long enough, you are going to encounter stuff like what happened to you and customers like her.

It's inevitable.

Don't lose sleep over it. It may be your first mishap, but it won't be your last

Got a thing going on at the moment.........

Customers old pump brought the ceiling down
Fitted new pump and tested a few times

Then payment was refused a month later because whilst the builder was quoting for the ceiling his mate just happened to go upstairs and flush the toilet where the customer and builder saw water flowing out from a joint ! (yeah like pigs fly!!!).

As communications are being exchanged she is saying the impossible and digging a hole for herself.

Keep all communications friendly for now.

Was the friends fault for flushing the W.C!

Customer is at fault he over pressurised the system, it's only meant to be tested at 38mm show him the water regs or text book, and demand your money,, you will have no reputation if you accept this tosh, that's some weight of water 7 metres in 110 , are you sure the customer was not on drugs or just a mr no it all that messed up big style ,

Customer is at fault he over pressurised the system, it's only meant to be tested at 38mm show him the water regs or text book, and demand your money,, you will have no reputation if you accept this tosh, that's some weight of water 7 metres in 110 , are you sure the customer was not on drugs or just a mr no it all that messed up big style ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

H
Fair point well made Phil
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
You should've taken some pice for austerity.
Replies
Views
Back