Europe | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Europe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi tamz i see you are from scotland. Out of interest are you glad scotland stayed part of the uk? Or would you have wanted to leave?

I have no doubt that they (europe) will make things difficult for us to teach us a lesson if we do manage to escape.

As they made things difficult for Greece for daring to stand up to them.
The Greeks had the chance to give them it up the **** but blew it instead.

Hi tamz i see you are from scotland. Out of interest are you glad scotland stayed part of the uk? Or would you have wanted to leave?

I voted out for a variety of reasons but don't agree with their (the nats) current stance re europe so they can **** off

See i think that referendum was an example of the government doing what it wants. it seemed at the time that every scot was voting out but apparantly more of you voted to stay. The whole thing seemed suspect to me...

If we vote to leave and Scotland wants to stay in then according to Alex Salmond this weekend that is grounds for another Scottish Independence vote.

The rest of the uk should look at some of the things that went on during that referendum and learn from it as it is coming to you. The power of the establishment ;)

If we vote to leave and Scotland wants to stay in then according to Alex Salmond this weekend that is grounds for another Scottish Independence vote.

He's a pri ck. Why would any nation want to leave our kin and get hooked up with the euros?
Makes as much sense to me as leaving the wife for an 18 year old lol

Politicians are very cunning and will no doubt word it to us it that it is a Yes vote to remain in an improving situation or a No vote to go into the unknown. Yet the vote will not and could not state political viewpoints.
They did the same over here with the good Friday agreement. They called it a "Peace Agreement" which was very clever as to vote no would infer you were against peace. But when it came to the voting the wording was not peace agreement.
It's all bluff

why would anyone vote to stay in a situation were those in charge move house every few weeks, if they cant decide to have their parliment in one place what hope is there for them getting anything done sensibly

Politicians are very cunning and will no doubt word it to us it that it is a Yes vote to remain in an improving situation or a No vote to go into the unknown. Yet the vote will not and could not state political viewpoints.
They did the same over here with the good Friday agreement. They called it a "Peace Agreement" which was very clever as to vote no would infer you were against peace. But when it came to the voting the wording was not peace agreement.
It's all bluff

It started as soon as he walked out the door on friday night.....we are apparently "safer" in europe lol

Worryingly enough the people i have seen interviewed on the street who would vote to stay in don't seem to know what they will be voting for.........they all seem to use the word "safer" and will be sleepwalking to the poll.

I say we get out and re build the British empire reclaim all out colonies and take over the world bar north Korea

I always get the feeling we are seen as the bleeding obstructive ones in europe. And i think a lot of it stems from ww2 where we were never occupied. To me and its only my opinion It makes us different in the scheme of EU, we fully proved we could stand on our own 2 feet, where as eu require political and financial union to stop such a thing happening ever again.

Im sure there are lots of reasons for staying in or out but my gut feeling is we would be better off out.

The worlds a big place to do trade. Yes we export do a lot or trade with europe but they also do a lot of trade with us. i think the likes of BMW and Audi will banging on the doors of their parliament when faced with a hefty tarriff to import their cars here.

I could be wrong but to hell with it. im an islander with an island mentality not a european but i do live in europe.
Im not anti immigration but i do believe if you come here to the UK you should have the means to support yourself unless your a genuine refugee.

one thing is for sure it will be an interesting few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out.
There will be lots of threats and scaremongering about how catastrophic it will be but i dont buy into that. I feel cameron has been a complete turncoat on this and has come away from europe with a laughable deal where they allowed him to save some face which really is no deal at all.

Gotta love farage

https://youtu.be/dranqFntNgo

I see some car stickers are available lol

image.png

I'm possibly not the best person to comment on this as there are much more intelligent people out there to give the proper facts but thats never stopped me before.

I think in the long run out, We will be better off without europe, although we are a small country we do still have alot of sway with trade etc. The european countrys need us more than we need them as we buy alot more off them than we sell to them so they wont want to lose it, even if they do then there are plenty of other countries to deal with.

In the short term though I think that europe will make it as hard as possible to leave. Like it or not we are a big player in europe and they will want to break us if we leave, what would be worst for europe? Britain leaving and making it without europe or Britain leaving and failing?

My concerns are

If we make a success of it who else will follow? Germany/ France who are massive players in europe which if they see us make a success of it will they want out as well which could ruin europe as a whole and in turn ruin the economics of the world.

Are we big enough and do we buy enough to have that major clought when buying? A very rough example, as part of europe we would be like british gas having alot of clought due to the sheer size of europe and without will we become like a small local firm.

Will the above reason mean a massive price hike in certain things like fuel, gas, oil etc could this not potentially cause another recession?

Will we have even less control over immigration? at the moment we have an agreement with france to have border control over in there country, if they stop that will they continue to keep stopping people for us or just keep letting them through? Yes we can stop benifits for so long on immigrants but that doesnt stop them as they will just end up working cash jobs, stealing etc.

I'm possibly not the best person to comment on this as there are much more intelligent people out there to give the proper facts but thats never stopped me before.

I think in the long run out, We will be better off without europe, although we are a small country we do still have alot of sway with trade etc. The european countrys need us more than we need them as we buy alot more off them than we sell to them so they wont want to lose it, even if they do then there are plenty of other countries to deal with.

In the short term though I think that europe will make it as hard as possible to leave. Like it or not we are a big player in europe and they will want to break us if we leave, what would be worst for europe? Britain leaving and making it without europe or Britain leaving and failing?

My concerns are

If we make a success of it who else will follow? Germany/ France who are massive players in europe which if they see us make a success of it will they want out as well which could ruin europe as a whole and in turn ruin the economics of the world.

Are we big enough and do we buy enough to have that major clought when buying? A very rough example, as part of europe we would be like british gas having alot of clought due to the sheer size of europe and without will we become like a small local firm.

Will the above reason mean a massive price hike in certain things like fuel, gas, oil etc could this not potentially cause another recession?

Will we have even less control over immigration? at the moment we have an agreement with france to have border control over in there country, if they stop that will they continue to keep stopping people for us or just keep letting them through? Yes we can stop benifits for so long on immigrants but that doesnt stop them as they will just end up working cash jobs, stealing etc.

how can we have less control over immigration were an island? Australia seems to manage immigration quite well

A big player - we pay into europe 55 million pound a day apparently - thats obscene and contrary to whats said by them i just cannot see how we get more back (as they claim). That just doesnt make sense. One of the richer country's with a larger economy getting more than the poorer nations is rubbish.
Those with more pay more. Those with less get more.

how can we have less control over immigration were an island? Australia seems to manage immigration quite well
The difference between us and Australia though is around australia the nearest place is hundreds of miles away and to get there you have to go through shark infested water, we on the other hand have 22ish miles between dover and calais.

But what I'm saying is because of Europe we have an agreement with France to allow our border control to assist on there country along with their border control and police, if we leave will the French still allow this? Or will they just refuse to commit the large amount of funds required to control the flow of immigrants going through them. As once the immigrants are in this country it is a lot harder to stop them as if they have no passport we cannot send them back (or at least that is my understanding)

A big player - we pay into europe 55 million pound a day apparently - thats obscene and contrary to whats said by them i just cannot see how we get more back (as they claim). That just doesnt make sense. One of the richer country's with a larger economy getting more than the poorer nations is rubbish.
Those with more pay more. Those with less get more.
That is why I think we should leave. In the long term we will benefit greatly but it is the short term that I'm concerned about.

The difference between us and Australia though is around australia the nearest place is hundreds of miles away and to get there you have to go through shark infested water, we on the other hand have 22ish miles between dover and calais.

But what I'm saying is because of Europe we have an agreement with France to allow our border control to assist on there country along with their border control and police, if we leave will the French still allow this? Or will they just refuse to commit the large amount of funds required to control the flow of immigrants going through them. As once the immigrants are in this country it is a lot harder to stop them as if they have no passport we cannot send them back (or at least that is my understanding)

we dont get mass immigration from anywhere else in the world as its the company that
brings them in thats liable so airlines check visas and passports before they get onto a plane
only a small section of our coast is close to europe plus without us being the end destination do you think france is going to carry on letting them in which will start a domino effect as then italy will start to defend its coastline

Correct immigration is managed well.

Incorrect immigration - asylum seekers and visa over-stayers are managed on a case by case basis.

If someone overstays their visa allowance and their caught, they will be detained and put on a plane back to where they come from.

The problem with most asylum seekers, they destroy their passports and have no where to be sent to, except detention centres, some in Australia , but others outside Australia.

Quite a big issue over here, and has been for some time.
Women and children in detention centres - not pleasant, but if they don't tell you who they are and where they come from - how to you know for sure if they are just que jumpers, or refugees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
I'm putting in a utility sink, in a limited...
Replies
Views
DotBean
D
  • Question
Thankyou for your advise and help
Replies
Views
  • Question
Replies
Views
Something like this Din Rail Modular Contactor...
Replies
Views
Just to round this one off, I have collated...
Replies
Views
Back