Europe | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Europe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better question is to ask why the migrants choose to march all the way across Europe, often crossing several EU member states, and queue up at Calais in order to get to Britain?

By far the most likely explanation is that they believe that they will get a better deal in the UK than in Germany, France, Spain, Italy or any of the other EU countries.

If they no longer believed that, why would they congregate in Calais, any more than in any other of a thousand provincial towns across the continent? So the answer to the "Calais problem" is not barbed wire, or more police. Its taking away the incentive.

I should stress that I have no problem with immigration. Properly controlled immigration can work for host country and immigrant alike. But the key words are "properly controlled", and we can't do that in the EU.

A very non scientific survey of 4 customers today gave 4 out`s, reasons given were Not value for money paid in, UK laws for the UK and Immigration controls being the main reasons.

OUT vote for me, time to take back control of our own country, we have a proud heritage and history in this country that is being slowly wiped out, The EU is bleeding this country dry, The sooner we leave this Dictatorship the better, Lets put the billions paid to the EU back into redeveloping this country, instead of supporting the lavish lifestyles of the EU fat cats, This country prospered very well B4 the EU, trading with most other country's, take JCB most of there exports go to China & South America so gain very little from the EU , How will we be worse off ??? We need to leave now, If the vote says out ! how long will it take ? Next day ? 10 years time ? or will the numbers be fiddled to suit what the government wants ??

It nice to see that a lot of people have an opinion but it would be better to know what's the reason in your opinion why you saying OUT ...

In !!!

Trades , investments and jobs depending on EU it's more pros than cons ...

Another interesting point is that the Uk is 5th largest economy in the world. That aint gonna dissapear overnight just because we want to leave the EU.

I'm another out. I can't stand Michael Gove (having never met him) but I can't deny he writes a good letter. His reasoning is aligned with my opinion on this issue.

The mind games have started already. I read in the paper at the weekend about a correlation noticed in a poll whereby the majority of in votes came from students and highly educated people with the majority of workers voting out. This implied to me that us workers are too daft to fully understand the consequences. Perhaps we should check out a poll on the forum of a 'highly educated' profession to see if the results bear out.

Latest scare tactics against the No vote, -

Some Europe 'expert' says UK would be at risk of terrorism if it leaves Europe.
(Does that mean our friends in Europe will not share terrorist information?
Paris sadly wasn't exactly safe recently)

Also, some UK regions get special benefits from Europe which they will lose if we leave.
(This is a fact, but not a problem. Why would they have to lose any benefits if we pull out and save the 12 billion apparently we were actually putting in? Wouldn't then be a problem to cover the few million for deprived areas.)

Martin McGinness says Teresa Villers should resign because she is on the No side.
(Very very odd statement even by his usual and really laughable.
Teresa Villers has every right to opt for what she believes in, government minister, or not.
If McGinness is supporting something, in this instance Europe, then it must be against the UK.)

Last edited:
Why would trade, investment or jobs decline if we were out Matchless?
Not sure if this is accurate but I heard it in the TV last night, by being in the Eu we can trade within the Eu without paying taxes that would apply if was out?
Again apparently trading with India and China has apparently increased by being part of the Eu.
I'm still sitting in the out camp, based on what I've read about how much we are pumping into the Eu and without having a direct say on how we can govern our country and being an 'open border'.
We need to stop the economic migrants coming over its not about taking our jobs it's more then that, it's about overloading schools, health service and we are over crowded if you look at the housing situation.

What ever the outcome i fully expect the spin doctors for the YES campaign to go in full throttle of the next few weeks.

I'm obviously very naive, I thought the government was there to represent us and our needs. And if they listened to us they're do something about financial migrants, if getting out of Europe is required. Then so be it.

What ever the outcome i fully expect the spin doctors for the YES campaign to go in full throttle of the next few weeks.

Spin doctors or someone putting the reasons why they think we should stay in?

I though quite a few of us wanted to here the arguments on both sides to become informed before we made up our minds rather than a sycophantic rush to vote no ?

With all the BS (spin) coming from both camps I'm still none the wiser TBH
If we lose any foreign investment (as in car manufacture etc, etc) as a result of leaving EU are we cutting our noses off ?
Will the limp wristed MP's actually control our borders effectively if we are out, I'd like to think so, but....

Spin doctors or someone putting the reasons why they think we should stay in?

I though quite a few of us wanted to here the arguments on both sides to become informed before we made up our minds rather than a sycophantic rush to vote no ?

I don't think many people will rush to vote either way, a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this opportunity and have known for a good while which way they wanted to vote. Unfortunately this is not like a general election where you get to vote again in a few years when things have not gone the way people wanted or expected. We won't get another go at this, so you better be sure what you want and the short term benefits of leaving or staying should not come into it. This is about long term effects on our country and the way we manage it or be managed by europe.

Both. And on both sides. As always in a political argument, it will be difficult to separate genuine analysis from spin.

As always Ray but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

With such a momentous decision having consequences across such a large & wide ranging parts of British life I would not want it to come down to just a sort term xenophobic reaction immigration.

Project fear is beginning already just as it did in the Scottish referendum. Exact same moves being made probably by the same people.
Give it another 8 weeks and if we leave every major employer in the country will be moving out, Britain will be hit severe depression and everyone will be out of a job, house prices will plummet to 1980's levels, the LSE and the banks will be moving to Majorca and indeed some may well predict a plague of pestilence etc etc.

You have no idea the amount of lies and nonsense you are about to be subjected to supported of course, by mainstream media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
I'm putting in a utility sink, in a limited...
Replies
Views
DotBean
D
  • Question
Thankyou for your advise and help
Replies
Views
  • Question
Replies
Views
Something like this Din Rail Modular Contactor...
Replies
Views
Just to round this one off, I have collated...
Replies
Views
Back