Favorite Boilers? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Favorite Boilers? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order of our customers preference:

1) Worcester by a nose from
2) Vaillant

Both do twice as many as next nearest rival which is

3) Ideal

Then another gap and clustered together:

4) Glowworm
5) Baxi
6) Main

Intergas, ideal independent for budget combis and main HE for budget heat only. Will fit Worcester if the customer wants but don't like the way they run their installer scheme.

Yeh bored as sin already though if I'm honest. But I'm torn, the perks are great, haven't bought diesel for 3 months, getting paid holidays etc

They gonna put you through your gas or you stuck on wetside ?. Something must have made you go employed stick it out cor another 3 months and see can always go back se if u can get the work to survive

Lots and lots of ideal love on this forum.

My gas man has a vendetta against ideal as he worked for a lot of social housing etc and knows the isar pretty well.

I'm trying to convince him to give the logic plus a go. He's a Worcester cdi lover. I've fitted a couple with him and I like the solid bracket.
Fitted a ferroli and a Ariston and I wouldn't hang a coat on the supplied bracket if I had my way.

So I'm going to wait until I've got him onto one of my installs and then he will have no choice in the boiler

They gonna put you through your gas or you stuck on wetside ?. Something must have made you go employed stick it out cor another 3 months and see can always go back se if u can get the work to survive
Tbh always been busy enough on my own, but not rich just steady with crazy weeks now n then, but yeh only applied by chance and when it got offered it was too good to turn down and I do like the stability, just makes me feel ill the amount I earn my governor in one week! Lol

we had a meeting about 2 weeks ago where they said we will be taking gas work of BG the problem is there's nobody on the firm who is gas so they will need to employ some straight up rather than train in house and I can't see them paying me to go out with someone else all the time tbh, although when he first mentioned he mentioned me straight away as I'm the only one on the firm who's even done any gas training at all so I'm holding hope still

In the last 30 months, Ideal have doubled their market share. Almost all at the expense of Baxi, Main and Glowworm.
They have had to Ray, sink or swim, they have all the Vaillant poached staff to pay also lol, they offered me free Tf1's to ditch WB, they are doing road shows also, to promote the vogue giving away filters to everyone

Flue is carp. Made by mffi? Holland same as valliant group? Like cutting tinfoil with a hacksaw and trying not to crease it! Always insist on telescopic flue!

How can I find out about ideal training days etc?
They let me attend if I take my gas man with me
Can't go alone to these things until I'm GSR :(

They have had to Ray, sink or swim, they have all the Vaillant poached staff to pay also lol, they offered me free Tf1's to ditch WB, they are doing road shows also, to promote the vogue giving away filters to everyone

Don't forget fleece and beer!

How can I find out about ideal training days etc?
They let me attend if I take my gas man with me
Can't go alone to these things until I'm GSR :(

Find your local rep. I attended one when I wasn't reg. use companies GS no.... They never check!

Find your local rep. I attended one when I wasn't reg. use companies GS no.... They never check!

I'm self employed plumber so that won't work lol.
My gas man would just rather come with me to get out the house (bad back)

Sorry for the dumbass questions but do I need to google for a number for ideal to get a contact for local rep or just ask the lads in pts for a number or something.

intergas work for me.
Lol LP you like it simple......... LANDY, INTERGAS, I bet you still have a TV with a wooden cabinet with F off push buttons,
that also pull out, with cogs for tuning it it, unless you upgraded with a WIRED remote:smile5:

Sorry for the dumbass questions but do I need to google for a number for ideal to get a contact for local rep or just ask the lads in pts for a number or something.

Ask lads in Pts where are u I will ask our rep, he's probably got a number

Ideal logic + would be my first choice. Quite like the vaillant ecotec plus combi. And if its heat only I'd go Worcester ri.

Find out who your local rep is. Never pay for a manu course and they dont care if your tesco safe. If they think they can make some sales you'll get in.

baxi duotec HEA for me or its potterton versions easy to fit,easy to service,easy to work on they dont look like a brick and have no plastic just good old brass and copper

baxi duotec HEA for me or its potterton versions easy to fit,easy to service,easy to work on they dont look like a brick and have no plastic just good old brass and copper

What about the dreaded heat team everybody goes on about?

Probably due to the GA range

Both have played a part. Certainly a few years ago it was only the radiator business keeping the boilers afloat. Well, that and the leaks.

Logic + 7 year warranty deal in 2012 mopped up lots of ex-Baxi customers who suffered the GA nonsense, although it looks like about 50% of those users have returned to Baxi now the HE A is back with it 7 yr warranty, and Logic + dropped back to 5 yrs. In fairness, the HE A never actually vanished - you could get them in different guises, but you had to know where to look.

The biggest unsung story is the way that the Independent, Independent + and Pro-combi and various other OEM versions on the core Ideal design have mopped up the budget end of the market.

None of the "candle in a box" products (Heatline, Ferroli, Biasi, Ariston, Ravenheat etc) are appreciably cheaper, and they are all very much worse. Its put a new floor into the market, in much the same way that Main did when it was first launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back