Favorite Boilers? | Boilers | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Favorite Boilers? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Bradford and Glasgow got amalgamated Tom with another depot from the South I think, new team came in and it's never been back, excel's Linea's, option's, compacts, we fitted hundreds!
Now i take out at least 2 a week Vern. I think the last ones i fitted were the late 90's probably maxins and mynutes. After that they were junk and stopped fitting them.

Funny thing is whenever you attend one it was always fitted by the previous owners, even the customers are embarrassed that they've got one!

Abit like halstead finest combi boilers. Nobody takes responsibility!

Now i take out at least 2 a week Vern. I think the last ones i fitted were the late 90's probably maxins and mynutes. After that they were junk and stopped fitting them.
Lol yep I do a few, forgot about the mynutes system boilers yep loads, mums and sisters still going lol 35 kw one, Maxins were junk fitted a few never gelled with them all pipes didn't even follow the Vokera format, probably bought in and re badged?

Ray are all heatlines made by Vaillant?

No. They are all made by Demirdokum, a Turkish manufacturer owned by Vaiilant GmbH, the German parent. Demirdokum used to be DD Heating in the UK.

They also make the cheaper models in the Glowworm range like beta com and easicom.

No. They are all made by Demirdokum, a Turkish manufacturer owned by Vaiilant GmbH, the German parent. Demirdokum used to be DD Heating in the UK.

They also make the cheaper models in the Glowworm range like beta com and easicom.
Nice one Ray, thought I had seen the family parts bin lol

Here's a thought.

The day I started, back in the mid eighties, we had a special offer on a chaffoteaux 220rs with flue and switchmaster 300 for £465 plus vat

Today we sell the ideal independent with flue and clock for a few quid less

28 yrs later!

Here's a thought.

The day I started, back in the mid eighties, we had a special offer on a chaffoteaux 220rs with flue and switchmaster 300 for £465 plus vat

28 yrs later!

Absolute class Ray the case was blue Glass too, everyone jumped on them because of the reputation of the chaff brittony MPWH

Maxins were junk fitted a few never gelled with them all pipes didn't even follow the Vokera format, probably bought in and re badged?

I don't think vokera ever made a boiler. When Claudio owned it, he would design the boiler and subcontract manufacture out. I think Riallo did some of it. He was a real hard case, and if he had specced a 5mm clip and they tried to palm him off with 4.9mm he would scream blue murder. He knew those boilers inside out.

After he sold it, it was just a brand name.

Nice one Ray, thought I had seen the family parts bin lol

The f & R valves common to all vaillant group. Probably good quality but i hate them.
Never really liked any glow worm...ever. Didn't like worcesters around the early 2000's. Fitted a few ideal whats it called (condensers before the isars came out) pysh. Tried responses, big mistake, tried kestons because i liked the flueing... shyte, microcombi's , ok budgets not many problems, alphas, leak like a seive, modenas, turned ut to be probably the best boiler they made, maxins used to stick on the gas valve around 3 month old , strip it and blow through backwards and it worked forever, stopped fitting baxi after they brought out the 80 combi pysh.
Thinking about it my main boilers i fitted since i started working
Cast iron
ideals
baxi
potterton
glow worm
light weights
ideal
glow worm
combi
worcester
ideal (what was that big brown thing called apart from oh no not one of these)
vokera
glow worm
alpha
ariston
potterton
and probably the odd one off here and there
Not a wide range really over 39 years

Here's a thought.

28 yrs later!

Thats true Ray.
I remember Vokera 80sp's being just under 500 back in the 80's

We had the Vokera 20-80 RS turbo in 1986 at well over £500. They even had a condensing model, the CORSE. about 900 notes. Funny the things you remember.

I remember the condensing thing they ha but couldn't remember the name of it. No one bought them anyway.

I fitted a scheme of houses (in Stirling) with condensers in the 80's as part of a BG (when they were still a decent company to sub to) test thing.
Can't remember the name of them but Grahams shipped them.
They were shipped in from ireland, used 1 1/12" pipe for the flues (2 separates). Nearly every boiler we fitted was off balance and some guy from the manu had to come out to fix them.
I did a job for a guy about 2 years ago who had one and he reminded me of the name but i've forgotten.

Dragging the memories now Ray :lol:

I don't think vokera ever made a boiler. When Claudio owned it, he would design the boiler and subcontract manufacture out. I think Riallo did some of it. He was a real hard case, and if he had specced a 5mm clip and they tried to palm him off with 4.9mm he would scream blue murder. He knew those boilers inside out.

After he sold it, it was just a brand name.
Buretta sp? Made the early ones then Riello the later ones

Ideals Tom big brown ideal turbo, with a fan at bottom of sump? What about minimiser, response lol utter pysh

Ideals Tom big brown ideal turbo, with a fan at bottom of sump? What about minimiser, response lol utter pysh
Aye the turbo. Another heap of shyte :lol:

I took a response out on Wednesday Vern. Surprised it lasted so long. I actually specced them for 12 houses around 2000. I'm ashamed to show my face on that street :lol:

Aye the turbo. Another heap of shyte :lol:

I took a response out on Wednesday Vern. Surprised it lasted so long. I actually specced them for 12 houses around 2000. I'm ashamed to show my face on that street :lol:
Me too a 120 that was feked, if I ever get that rep lol, we fitted 10 after a breakfast morning with rep, we went back to them all, as ideal were not responding to their response, probes, spark gens, PCB's, banging boilers awful

I must have gone to the same sales speel because i thought 120 that will do fine......then the bstd had the cheek to come back a couple of yeas later and say we have this new boiler called the isar that is the dogs balls :lol:

Bring back the Mexico and classics with perm pilots, I could mend them with just my 24's

i think the first combi we fitted was a vaillant sine 18 think it cost around the £800 mark
we fitted it and then couldnt get the heating to fill we had assumed that as it had a main going in to it it would fill automaticly
little did we realise we were starting the decline of the heating game

Two words still strike fear not my soul. Le and blanc! Shock horror!

i think the first combi we fitted was a vaillant sine 18 think it cost around the £800 mark
we fitted it and then couldnt get the heating to fill we had assumed that as it had a main going in to it it would fill automaticly
little did we realise we were starting the decline of the heating game
lol correct Steve, it would have been a Sine Mag 18, I remember going to the first one I had ever seen, asking the custard WTF! where's the cylinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back