Flexis to pipe up bath | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flexis to pipe up bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter than most flexis for baths say not suitable for drinking water I know most people won't drink from the bath but it's a possibility.

Most modern taps won't outlast the flexis - & that's saying something!

Does it matter than most flexis for baths say not suitable for drinking water I know most people won't drink from the bath but it's a possibility.

this threads all your fault, flexis not the flavour of the month in hospitals since its been proved they harbour legionellas and other bugs!

Fair point. But I bet no one removes them, in fact it's probably a warranty issue if you did. So there's no point pretending that we're not using them. We all do.

That's a bit of a daft comment. Why would you remove the flexi from a boiler. If it fails its boiler manufacturers problem.

I use flexis. I don't touch speedfit. We all have our own things that we do.

But talking about modifying an appliance because people don't like flexis even in a hypothetical sense is a bit silly

Useless statistic of the week:

For every 100m of copper tube we sell, we also sell 5.7 flexis.

That's a bit of a daft comment. Why would you remove the flexi from a boiler. If it fails its boiler manufacturers problem.

I use flexis. I don't touch speedfit. We all have our own things that we do.

But talking about modifying an appliance because people don't like flexis even in a hypothetical sense is a bit silly

Wasn't suggesting anyone should or would do it hypothetically or otherwise. That wasn't the point,. but whatever, each to their own.

When Ceramic 1/4 turn came out "They" said that would be the end of changing washers.
They were correct, it's the taps that now get changed because there are too many different and unknown types of Ceramic cartridge.

if you fit flexies that are not supplied with the tap because its quicker you are are not a real plumber man up and do it in copper you bunch of fanny's

that's why i'm not worried that i install flexi's. even brands like bristan are failing after a year or two now. change flexi's when you change taps, problem solved.

unless anyone genuinely suspects a resurgance in build quality for taps is due.

if you fit flexies that are not supplied with the tap because its quicker you are are not a real plumber man up and do it in copper you bunch of fanny's

Oh the "EGO POLICE" will be onto you when they see this

flexies are utter crap been caught out with one before when couldnt be bothered to spend an extra five mins piping a bath blew off months later and hardly used one since.

flexis for fudgewitts

hard pipe for professionals

I rarely do work where flexies can be used, but in my opinion the quality of the flexies must be rubbish if they fail at just a few bar pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
I wasn't aware that Nerrad tools were...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's the problem I have been having, trying...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yup and undersized flow/returns/heat emitters...
Replies
Views
Back