Flexis to pipe up bath | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flexis to pipe up bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not as they are cutting our internet time here in Broadmoor:devil2:

wait a minute, you are in Broadmoor? What is this country coming to? Someone who should be doing time is allowed to be posting on the net? Probably allowed to visit adult sites as well. Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful.

wait a minute, you are in Broadmoor? What is this country coming to? Someone who should be doing time is allowed to be posting on the net? Probably allowed to visit adult sites as well. Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful.

maybe so but the flexi's in our washroom never leak though

inherently flexible pipes will fail, they are made of rubber which will perish long before copper and steel and although the fitter may no longer be trading when it fails, I feel that we should be using something designed to last the course of the building. thats the difference between tradesmen and diy in my opinion and as a tradesman I like to think my work will outlive me.

What's the live span of a fibre washer used to seal a copper 3/4 tap connector though?

Sadly they dont make those fibre washers to the same quality of old.
Sign of the times

Sorry what are flexis? You won't find them in my vans.

flexis are great and they're not just for taps you can use them for crossovers, 45s and anywhere you need a bend saves all that faffing about with a bender:rockon2:

We cover maintance for some rented houses that are only 5 years old and have had to change a few leaking fibre washers.

Plenty of ptfe tape over the new washer will make a good seal. Or only ptfe tape & no washer will be an everlasting job, but you need to use a lot of turns of tape, making it in a rope.
I have started using the 'rubber' flat washers made for some plastic tap connectors. Great for joining to plastic tailed ballvalves on toilets.

Or a pipe and olive - if it's designed to take it - with ptfe. How long is that going to last? Bloody eons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
I wasn't aware that Nerrad tools were...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's the problem I have been having, trying...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yup and undersized flow/returns/heat emitters...
Replies
Views
Back