fully qualified plumber in two weeks. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 9 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
just the way you wrote that there :p yeah but its the total 4 year they do now, not the 3 year they used to do

why can they not be trained on the job and work as a plumbers mate, no responsibity and about 85% of a plumbers wage

adult apprentices done 3 year instead of 4, was unfair as i had a guy 5 years older than me in my year but because he was an adult done 3 years, was unfair so i think that's why they changed it....or maybe this was just a scottish thing ?

they just done the 3 years of college and then they were time served

why can they not be trained on the job and work as a plumbers mate, no responsibity and about 85% of a plumbers wage
If it's the fast trackers you mean, then this is a good idea and would be even better if part government funded. Otherwise they'd need to have a bit of experience before being paid 85% of the rate.
Apprenticeship-City and Guilds Advanced Craft took me 4 years and it takes about same again to become good at what you do. Every day's a school day as far as I'm concerned and ALL plumbers learn new things every day. It's a mockery to do it in 2 weeks and then claim to be a plumber.

like i said they still run, i know adults on apprenticeships

The adult aprenticeship scheme in Scotland was closed in 2008. There may be some still on it but as Gerry said they did 3 years so the last of them will be done this year.

Bathgate no more, Linwood no more, Lochaber.............no ...mo....arrrrrrrrr:D:D:D

didnt know it was that different in scotland, they sill run in the mighty england

Don't Know if you read it properly, but Its About 120-130 days in total on the fast track, Where as the college is 144 or so days.

Are you saying that people are only worthy to be a plmber if they start from the bottom up, passing tools, watching how someone else does it, making tea and working your way up?

ahould they not start at the botttom? you want to start on the same conditions and money as somebody who has qualified and worked their way up?????

I understand that people have done 4 years to become fully qualified, But if plumbers will not take anybody over the age of 19 because of training fees, what are these people suppose to do?

Try a different career?

go to canada you dont start your apprentiship til your 21, Ive got family over there plumbers all their life got big houses swimming pools and bars in their basement :) thats the life but sadly for me they cant understand what I'm saying :p

Last edited:
go to canada you dont start your apprentiship til your 21, Ive got family over there plumbers all their life got big houses swimming pools and bars in their basement :) thats the life but sadly for me they cant understand what I'm saying :p

What do they do until they're 21 then?

A little update for y'all. You may be pleased to know that HSE is 'reviewing' fast track gas courses & defining a set path with a view to possibly abolishing the route that was sold to me along with redesigning the ACS ie; 1 day per year instead of 1 week per 5 years. As I stated earlier that there was no defined path into the industry & it is possible to jump ahead. This may soon change as Fuzzy said NVQ2 then NVQ3. Got it from the horses' mouth yesterday! (local Gas Safe Inspector). Oh & did you know that Wat1 is being scrapped & will be included with CEN1 from April?(still have to be assessed on it)

sounds like someone has seen sense at last! Suggest if anyone hears any updates on this, we share it around and perhaps all pitch in to support it in someway. If enough of the 'trade' shouts loud enough, maybe, just maybe we might get some civil servant to listen!

A little update for y'all. You may be pleased to know that HSE is 'reviewing' fast track gas courses & defining a set path with a view to possibly abolishing the route that was sold to me along with redesigning the ACS ie; 1 day per year instead of 1 week per 5 years. As I stated earlier that there was no defined path into the industry & it is possible to jump ahead. This may soon change as Fuzzy said NVQ2 then NVQ3. Got it from the horses' mouth yesterday! (local Gas Safe Inspector). Oh & did you know that Wat1 is being scrapped & will be included with CEN1 from April?(still have to be assessed on it)

good news if it happens,i'm sure the powers that be understand the situation and with the scrapping of tec cert as we no it,can only be good for industry,now all we need now is a big fat incentive to employ an apprentice(if self employed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
S
As far as I was aware, NVQ 3 was the gold...
Replies
Views
You're with City and Guilds? I know the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To answer op. No, they'll just come from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
Back