fused spurs | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss fused spurs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I replaced my heating system to combi boiler, I replaced the down stair double pole immersion switch to a socket. The double pole immersion switch in the airing cupboard changed to a socket. Now I have two extra sockets, one downstair and one in the airing cupboard.

The immersion heater circuit is basically just a radial circuit which you can extend

Ok, so if you were to utilise the old immersion circuit and change the faceplate to a fcu, would you run another cable to a second fcu by the boiler? Never taken any notice before now tbh.

Change the original fcu to a junction box.

when I replaced my heating system to combi boiler, I replaced the down stair double pole immersion switch to a socket. The double pole immersion switch in the airing cupboard changed to a socket. Now I have two extra sockets, one downstair and one in the airing cupboard.

The immersion heater circuit is basically just a radial circuit which you can extend

So, in a nutshell, you've spurred off a radial circuit not once, but twice?

Reading through this thread is concerning me.

I think a lot of you need to look at your osg's a lot more.

I knew you'd change like this after your electrical course...

I'm looking at the bigger picture.

If any sparks come wandering by and see this thread they'll all be in having a go.

Tiny chink in our armour. We don't want to give them any excuse to think they've got us.

I can't agree withyou. No point in both of us being wrong.

Especially as I happen to be doing my part P this week.

Your move batman.

I'm not sure where your getting your information, but if it's appendix H2.4, that only applies to circuits protected by a 32A Device. Whether it's a ring or a radial has no bearing on the amounts of Spurs allowed, it's is only to do with cable and equipments current carrying capacity.

Still, if we can't agree then I'm quite happy to disagree :smilewinkgrin:

I'm not sure where your getting your information, but if it's appendix H2.4, that only applies to circuits protected by a 32A Device. Whether it's a ring or a radial has no bearing on the amounts of Spurs allowed, it's is only to do with cable and equipments current carrying capacity.

I'll look it up later today.

17th Page_4.jpg

Attachments

• 17th-Corrigenda-July-2008_Page_4.jpg
    17th-Corrigenda-July-2008_Page_4.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 48

I stand corrected.

Don't fool yourselves into thinking I'll be getting the drinks in though!

Can someone tell me what osg's are and croppie how did you read that? I zoomed in on it and it is all blurry

On Site Guide, which is all it is, a guide, definitive is the regs. Just like ours.

Could I suggest if we are worried, can we not put this in the arms, I'm pretty sure all the contributors are members.

They are very handy, I've also just got the Niceic gas osg, because my blue corgi ones had fell apart.

Can someone tell me what osg's are and croppie how did you read that? I zoomed in on it and it is all blurry

You know how nasa spy satellites can zoom in to read a postage stamp from the deepest, darkest depths of space?

That's me looking at UKPF that is.....

Went to a CEF evening which explained the new amendments, got the new regs, new osg and set of torque screwdrivers for less than the price of regs and osg,

Croppie was wrong and he didn't want any mere mortals to know!!!!!

Lol, had the balls to admit though! don't see that on an electrical forum ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The boiler is full of water and electrics but...
Replies
Views
You need one cable for power to boiler and...
Replies
Views
T
I had an electric boiler installed recently...
Replies
Views
Tom Duncan
T
Finally got an update from him. He cant do the...
Replies
Views
Back