G3 qualification and unvented hot water cylinder certificate | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss G3 qualification and unvented hot water cylinder certificate in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

GC2

Hi,
I've had a boiler and unvented pressurised hot water cylinder installed. I have received the Gas Safe certificate for my boiler install but nothing for the cylinder. I've been in touch with the plumber and he says he doesn't apply for that for customers and I would have to do it myself. Is this right? I don't know his G3 qualification number. How would I go about getting the certificate?

Thanks

1. Trading standards won't get involved. Why should they? 2. Solicitor? just throwing money away, how do you get to lay a private prosecution in the courts? 3. Small claims court..how do you find a forensic plumber to prepare the documents? YOu don't, you would need a real engineer to do that..expensive..
1. It's unlawful for an unqualified trader to install an unvented HW system. Someone doing so will certainly be of interest to trading standards.

2. I was not proposing a 'private prosecution'. I suggested a solicitor as a possible source of advice about how to make a successful civil claim. Many solicitors offer a short free intitial consultation, which is enough to gain some useful tips and a view as to the costs and benefits of trying to claim.

3. You don't need a 'forensic plumber' for a case of this sort. A quotation from any G3-qualified plumber stating what needs to be done to rectify the problem(s) will be enough. Small claims courts not only do not normally require what I'd call 'expert reports' it discourages their use to save costs unless they are strictly necessary.

BTW, real (i.e. chartered) engineers are good value in the cases where their expertise is needed. If they can't offer good value they will explain this to the potential client and suggest a cheaper solution. E.g. by getting a quote from a G3-qualified plumbing firm...

Did you tell them when you passed your qualification? They match them up with your national insurance number. Might need to see your certificate to prove.
I’ll have another chat with them. Got all my domestic/commercial/catering/water regs, just not my g3.

Anyone else think it’s a Sod take that water regs/g3 is 3 year renewal as opposed to 5 like gas.

Just got my gas safe certificate. It's under a plumber's name that I've never heard of and has definitely not been in my house. I'm guessing the original plumber isn't qualified and is a little dishonest. What would people recommend?

Thanks again

I would phone gas safe up and tell them this and you would like to go further with a complaint

I would go straight to gas safe your not giving the other parties time to run/ make something up

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
No it won't be why the boiler is on all day...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
😯😯 good to know, thanks!
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back