Unvented cylinder installed but no G3 qualification | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented cylinder installed but no G3 qualification in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I had an unvented cylinder (and gas boiler) installed by a Gas Safe Register engineer. He later informed Gas Safe Register which issued me a gas certificate. But Gas Safe Register told me I should have a Building Regulation Certificate for unvented cylinder installation.

But the gas engineer did not arrange that unvented cylinder certificate for me.
I checked he has no G3 qualification.

Is this the reason he did not arrange that unvented cylinder certificate (via Gas Safe Register ) for me?

What would happen or what consequence will be if he is not G3 qualification?

Thank you Simon!

indemnity policy seems a good idea as I heard building regs notification/Building Control cost is hundreds of pounds...

I attached photos for your reference, if you need more detailed photos or different angles please let me know!

I understand your general note, but I assume many normal customers/household people won't know what qualifications to do the gas jobs. I knew he was worcester bosch accredited installer, I knew he is GSR registered, I thought that was enough.
But only GSR today confirmed to me I do need unvented cylinder installation certification which only can be issued by G3 qualified engineer....

Nice if blockLooks like it's fitted correctly, and overall not a bad job. I've seen qualified G3 engineers do much worse of job, and leave them in dangerous conditions...

I'd leave it, it's fitted now. You'll struggle to get anyone else to sign it off, and the cost of getting it authorised by Building control will just be not worth it.
Old thread now..But... Nice if group-block was higher up and from the tiny photo on my phone I assume the T&P has its own tundish or connects to one that is showing as cannot see clearly.

Looks like it's fitted correctly, and overall not a bad job. I've seen qualified G3 engineers do much worse of job, and leave them in dangerous conditions...

I'd leave it, it's fitted now. You'll struggle to get anyone else to sign it off, and the cost of getting it authorised by Building control will just be not worth it.
Ignore my last comment. I can see it is a Tee not an elbow now on the PC big screen

Similar plumbing topics

R
  • Question
No it won't be why the boiler is on all day...
2 3
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Nice spot exedon2! Eagle eyes. OP - yes your...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
They are guidelines and advice for pipe sizes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think we're on the same page then, Chuck...
Replies
Views
Back