Gas Rating dfe with no data plate? | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Rating dfe with no data plate? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went onto a job where i knew lads doing 12 plus a day with maxol 5 units with fires, 1 to 2 other fires and convector heaters in each property. Most of the time id check the name of the last engineer and know if i was in for bad one. you would get the usuall "why are you removing the fire? the last few guys never did that". I found some really bad things, even catchments filled above the appliance spigs.

now i see alot of service engineers just enter a property with there FGA and a few screwdrivers, even tho the MI requires you to strip, inspect and clean when needed. The problem is they are coverd by the contract, if they screw up its a work mate who gets them out of the dodo.

I went onto a job where i knew lads doing 12 plus a day with maxol 5 units with fires, 1 to 2 other fires and convector heaters in each property. Most of the time id check the name of the last engineer and know if i was in for bad one. you would get the usuall "why are you removing the fire? the last few guys never did that". I found some really bad things, even catchments filled above the appliance spigs.

now i see alot of service engineers just enter a property with there FGA and a few screwdrivers, even tho the MI requires you to strip, inspect and clean when needed. The problem is they are coverd by the contract, if they screw up its a work mate who gets them out of the dodo.

Same in my game AW, the guv used to moan at me for my site times until I asked him to compare my call back rate to others. Only problem is I now find I have to cover their backsides to the customers for the same pay!

When you say strip and clean where needed, do you mean if combustion proves to be wrong, or do some boilers require it regardless?

It depends what your doing, when i worked for BG, it was just an inspection ( so long as FG analysis was within tolerance )...but then they never claimed it was a service. Full manufacturers service involves cleaning H-E....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
Reopened, BM and me have had a wee chat...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
C
    • Disagree
Check a previous thread last week with this...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
low gas rates restricted gas flow somewhere...
Replies
Views
Taffman
T
F
Floydy, on a Landlords Cert If I was putting...
Replies
Views
Back