generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

yeah put theres nothing to stop joe blogs there though just pm ing them for there address , i just think we need more control over it IMHO but im happy to go with the majority ,

well if the thread is made a sticky and the first post is from the mods telling potential customers to respond only to pm's from PROFFESSIONAL PLUMBERS' whose names appear in RED on the forum. as non plumbers arms members have not been vetted

or the customer just shows up as anonymous on that part of the forum so they cant be contacted by anybody apart from the people running it

thats a good idea kay-jay we need some way to sort the wheat form the chaff so to speak. not that i'm saying anyone on here is necessarily chaff or indeed wheat lol.

well if the thread is made a sticky and the first post is from the mods telling potential customers to respond only to pm's from PROFFESSIONAL PLUMBERS' whose names appear in RED on the forum. as non plumbers arms members have not been vetted

never noticed the red thing till now lol

like av said im happy either way so long as were all in agreement

but surely they are posting the job on this forum because they want a trusted plumber so will only take the ones you advise

Very good point, the fact they have posted on here would mean they are wanting to remove the element of 'pot luck' and take the recommendations on board. The biggest comment I come across is that 'I'm new to the area and don't know who to use'. I'm doing one job at the minute where she wanted an electrical check and the full house decorating but didn't know who to use. Gave her the numbers of two good lads and hey presto they're in doing the work.

How are we going to handle complaints? and I'm thinking along the lines of the cust that won't ever be happy!

or would they go with the cheapest option from the dog walkers,paperboys mate who did a two week super fast track course ?

haha i would like to think not, i dont think the majority of people would, even if they did they would be back for a repair :smiley2:

complaints ? more like thank you presents , we just put some sort of disclaimer togther stating its between them and the engineer were just introducing the 2

complaints ? more like thank you presents , we just put some sort of disclaimer togther stating its between them and the engineer were just introducing the 2

I was thinking more along the lines about the cust that would whinge for england if somebody turned up two minutes late. But yes, nice disclaimer would cover it.

I suppose this could also be a good way to warn tradesmen of rogue customers i.e. bad payers and the like. Say if someone does a job for Mr Smith in Doncaster and gets ripped off, he goes on a blacklist and we can check on the list before responding to any jobs. We could incorporate the tilers and sparkies forums and the other ones so everyone is less likely to get goosed!

good ideas lads keep em comming your ideas are being noted.

proof of qualifications and p.l insurance and a minimum posting level (say a 1000) i think will be essential imo.

what! not got a 1000 yet?. get posting then.lol.

Well, by the time Ive got a 1000 posts the system should be well up and running with all the problems ironed out. lol

we have been looking initially at this for a few months now and we are working at it in the background.
on the 'other (secret) forum'
but we still need as much 'think tanking' to get it right whilst things are being set up, we are also considering taking on the 'big-uns' too.

keep your eyes open for the boiler forum.

ps. are we there yet?. are we nearly there yet?. lol.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
Well put Dan, have a good weekend...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
Back