Good or bad idea - would you like it and be Interested in? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 10 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Good or bad idea - would you like it and be Interested in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I think this might be the one @Matchless.plumb? You see how it has yellow seals and a painted yellow mark on the fitting? FYI

6ECCE355-F7EF-45D3-B5FB-1F6D7DB9973F.jpeg

How come they don’t look the same ?

I suspect no gas rating but I hope I’m wrong

DA3CBE1B-10AB-4F4E-963C-547CE51CD16C.jpeg

Ron, honestly mate there is no need to be so defensive, people are only trying to help each other on here if there is a chance that you’ve fitted a water fitting on the gas by mistake would you rather not know ?? Would you not be better off calling the customer and saying you think you’ve left a tool behind or something and just checking, surely its better to do that than carry on blindly. Nobody is trying to catch anyone out or make anyone look silly I think I speak for everyone on here that nobody wants to see one of our regular contributors get stung by Gas Safe for something so silly

Last edited:
Ron, honestly mate there is no need to be so defensive people are only trying to help each other on here if there is a chance that you’ve fitted a water fitting on the gas by mistake would you rather not know ??
Yes of course, but there is also no need to put always people's work down is there. I'm not being awkward but I know what i am using for materials. However, I guess we should leave it again. No point of bombarding each other with nonsense.

15585962253269072606047757528816.jpg

Yes mate. That is a box of viega fittings. I agree. But that isn’t the Tee that you have fitted on the gas run and them tees have a black seal
Inside which means the packaging will have a green dot on and not yellow.

Yes mate. That is a box of viega fittings. I agree. But that isn’t the Tee that you have fitted on the gas run and them tees have a black seal
Inside which means the packaging will have a green dot on and not yellow.
You clearly said that my fittings dont look like viega and all I did was uploading a picture of some sealed fittings. Is pointless to talk as you all stick together so I better be quiet.

You clearly said that my fittings dont look like viega and all I did was uploading a picture of some sealed fittings. Is pointless to talk as you all stick together so I better be quiet.
No I didn’t! For the second time. I’m going to post this picture, which you seem to be ignoring on purpose. This is the fitting we are on about not the copper fittings.

AD779B04-144B-4C46-97B9-ADFDEB588464.jpeg

And this is the reason you should use soldered. Cant argue if its suitable for gas then.
To be really precise even if you used water fittings it would be physically better than a solder fitting. First of all the temperature difference is unique.. the solder will start melting about 185c but the o ring can withstand higher temperature as they are high efficiency o rings same as for gas 630c for 30min your solder is in seconds gone and will cause problems. Furthermore the fittings can withstand higher pressure than soldered joints. 15 -100bar ... let me check 10 properties in UK with 50 bat and I will show you how good your soldering is you cannot beat technology

To be really precise even if you used water fittings it would be physically better than a solder fitting. First of all the temperature difference is unique.. the solder will start melting about 185c but the o ring can withstand higher temperature as they are high efficiency o rings same as for gas 630c for 30min your solder is in seconds gone and will cause problems. Furthermore the fittings can withstand higher pressure than soldered joints. 15 -100bar . let me check 10 properties in UK with 50 bat and I will show you how good your soldering is you cannot beat technology
All irrelevant information again Ron. And why polish something that is already shiny?

I am! it doesn’t look like a viega gas tee. This is a viega gas tee. It has yellow dots and says viega on it.

View attachment 38779
I'm debating too and you are wrong. You never dealt with viega fittings but telling me my fittings look like mapress. Common harvest you know you are wrong and that's the bitter truth.
3 different types of fittings

Left to right

Express, mapress and viega
As you can see the green dots disappear over time

Furthermore look how poor Express stamps are hardly visible and once you start polishing it will disappear easily

1558603367647639006725626850497.jpg

15586035040552252071638057795962.jpg

I'm debating too and you are wrong. You never dealt with viega fittings but telling me my fittings look like mapress. Common harvest you know you are wrong and that's the bitter truth.
3 different types of fittings

Left to right

Express, mapress and viega
As you can see the green dots disappear over time

Furthermore look how poor Express stamps are hardly visible and once you start polishing it will disappear easily

View attachment 38780

View attachment 38781
Everything you say about me is true mate. But the difference between me and you is that I would rather listen to people’s advice and learn from my mistakes. But not you, you deviate and try to confuse people with facts that actually have no relevance to the conversation, and yet again you keep posting a picture of a copper tee and not the brass one that you have used in the gas line as a test point which is the one we are all on about. Ignore it all you want mate. I have decided to email viega to get pictures of all of their brass tee’s and have also decided to email them a picture of the one that you have used. If I am wrong I will happily let you know and apologise.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I never have, but if it were a decent place...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am looking for an experienced...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't know if you are aware of the "Society...
Replies
Views
Back