Heating Bangs when switching off. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating Bangs when switching off. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
What size of pump is it, I can't read it
Photo attached. Cheers.

IMG_3235.JPG

You don't really want water passing through the bypass when the valves are open so I wouldn't worry too much about that if the flow and return temps are ok at the Boiler.
I'm surprised it still bangs but you do need to rule things out like the lack of a by-pass before you can start to think of other possibilities,

I'll put my thinkin cap back on.

You don't really want water passing through the bypass when the valves are open so I wouldn't worry too much about that if the flow and return temps are ok at the Boiler.
I'm surprised it still bangs but you do need to rule things out like the lack of a by-pass before you can start to think of other possibilities,

I'll put my thinkin cap back on.

Cheers, it seems to be dragging on this but any suggestions I will try and I really appreciate all the help and advice.

Flow and return seem normal and all radiators get nice and hot.

I even tried balancing the system by restricting flow in the first radiator to warm up and so on.

I tried refitting the bypass valve with a normal 22mm isolation valve which I fully opened and it still banged. This would suggest an auto bypass is not required or not working even though the water is passing through and the pipes are hot.

When I am bleeding the system, when there is air present it doesn't bang. It's only when all the air is removed it starts to bangs.

Could the system just be full of glag as the filter is really dirty every week with bits of swarf/metal in it.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
As part of deep house renovation, planning to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s expansion and contraction do you have the...
Replies
Views
Back