help me grow | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help me grow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks nostrum i see your point :)
the guys i did my apprenticeship with....well...... could have as well been suppa plumb !

aha tb i know !! as i soldered up the 22's looking at it i thought........oh balls.

I still look at other peoples work and think that looks and works well so just learn from other peoples installs aswell

i don't think it's about ripping into other peoples work, everyone thinks differently and would do it a different way :)
it's good to be able to get feedback about what you're doing. the guys i trained with this is far neater than what they ever did..... on my own installs i want to be happy and walk away knowing i've done the best job i can !!

the only way i'll ever get that feed back is from you guys :) so thanks :D

I plumber is the unknown soldier of all the trades. All the effort we go to on an install and all the bloody customer cares about is if hot water comes through the taps. It's still a self respect thing to have neat pipework.

I'm sick of doing bathroom installs where I go to effort to bend everything I can under the floors to prevent a future leak which may involve ripping a tiled floor up. You try explain this to a customer and the second you mention "leak" they start getting worried and question your skills.

Then a tiler comes in sticks a few bits of ceramic to a wall and the customers like "ooh look at my wonderful bathroom"

I always over complicate my pipework because I'm thinking of how I can best do it. Pipework on show is one thing, but when I'm umming and arrrrring about pipework under the floors you've gotta stop yourself and just put the bloody pipes in!

Like here....
7a7yhyta.jpg

Only 2 equal tees under this floor. Everything else is bent up to the shower and basin.

I'm happy that I've done it this way. But the customer won't give a sh|+

It's the bane of being a plumber/ gas engineer.

You go to all the effort for your own self respect.
Often the customer will never know what you do for them

Like here....
7a7yhyta.jpg

Only 2 equal tees under this floor. Everything else is bent up to the shower and basin.

I'm happy that I've done it this way. But the customer won't give a sh|+

It's the bane of being a plumber/ gas engineer.

You go to all the effort for your own self respect.
Often the customer will never know what you do for them

Quicker and cheaper for you tho

I'd hate to be the guy who has to remove that scale reducer lol

But on a Worcester jig you can leave yourself room behind to disconnect cold and pull it out fully.

Unclip all the cold pipe clips and its only the condense in your way.

I think you'd have enough movement to pull it out enough to get spanner on the nuts

There are times when i've went to a job that i done 30 odd years ago and thought, fk you were good :lol:

Haven't read most of the posts, though bob on work. Id say your better than 95% of heating engineers. Full stop!
Of course im in the top 5%.

I'm with the others on keeping the pipes parallel down the wall and bringing them in and crossing about further down. I used to fixate on using pulled bends to reduce resistance but most combi pumps are well over the top for the systems they are in and endfeed bends don't cause any problem.

With the condense I would have come down from the condensure, used a 90 and put a kick on the pipe with my bender and crossed across in front of the other pipework and used a 90 down into the 1 1/4. To achieve an air gap, rather than use a separate upstand I would just have put the overflow into the 1 1/4 without a fitting.

Obviously I would also have used a decent boiler other than the Worcester.

Not read all the posts so sorry if I'm repeating. Looks like a very tidy install mate. Is it one of your first ones? Looks good. Does it work?! Is customer happy? I'd be proud of yourself! (Apart from the big dirty Worcester thing!)

thanks mike and app, first one solo without anyone else. usually i get told where to put the pipes !!!
customer is happy :)

Wouldnt even worry about your pipework at the moment with the carp thats being installed under the ECO banner.

the next door neighbour has just had a look and asked why the 40mm pipe and not just use the 21.5mm outide.
explained about the freezing issues
she asked me to pop round and look at hers.
vailliant with the same position and run....in 21.5mm installed this summer.
horizontal run has no fall to it.

if welsh women are anything like scottish women, i wouldn't want to be her installer right about......... now !!!

the next door neighbour has just had a look and asked why the 40mm pipe and not just use the 21.5mm outide.
explained about the freezing issues
she asked me to pop round and look at hers.
vailliant with the same position and run....in 21.5mm installed this summer.
horizontal run has no fall to it.

if welsh women are anything like scottish women, i wouldn't want to be her installer right about......... now !!!

Flue has slight fall built into it. Outlet it at top outside and in center at boiler. If it's less than 1m there is 2.5% fall so don't worry. 21.5 outside is standard practice , 32 and insulation won't fit on saddle bag!

Here's that install I finished up yesterday, first intergas install. No particular skill either, just a boiler and some straight pipes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 52
Flue has slight fall built into it. Outlet it at top outside and in center at boiler. If it's less than 1m there is 2.5% fall so don't worry. 21.5 outside is standard practice , 32 and insulation won't fit on saddle bag!

21.5 on a 7m external run :) i think it's gonna be an issue !!

Not on the newer worcester flues I'm sure? The outlet is central, the older kits with the long terminal had a built in fall, as do the vaillants.

that wasn't the intended boiler position, walked in the door and they changed their minds !!! made do with a small extension :)

it looks better than some of the shyt ive fitted in the past. :)

i would do as other have suggested and keep your pipework straight down. It helps it look neater, it helps you get your spanner on stuff, its easier to lagg the cold, and other pipework. If you have to cross alot over at the bottom of a cupboard or come out the floor in the middle of the cupobard due to floor structure then i sometimes drop a false floor in to make it look neat and save time altering the existing pipes.

keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
It would cost quite a bit to move the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have...
Replies
Views
Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back