help me grow | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help me grow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat job.
They gonna struggle removing that wallpaper now though....:D

yeah I thought that, but then realised I didn't care.

I did wonder why it wasn't all taken off before the boiler was fitted, the boxing to the right was removed prior to me starting.

Looks good Billy.

There's always things we would like to do differently or aren't happy with. I hardly ever look at my work and think it looks great. I always pick up on what I'm not happy with.

It doesn't help looking at some of the work on Facebook and here. Which is top or the class good, and they've obviously had time to think about it.

On the whole, I think it looks good. The condense with all the 45's is the only thing that draws the eye. Well done mate.

yeah I thought that, but then realised I didn't care.

I did wonder why it wasn't all taken off before the boiler was fitted, the boxing to the right was removed prior to me starting.

Why the auto bypass?

Here's that install I finished up yesterday, first intergas install. No particular skill either, just a boiler and some straight pipes.
Part the way through gas training.....wouldn't that compartment require high/low level ventilation <5 m3 ?

Part the way through gas training.....wouldn't that compartment require high/low level ventilation <5 m3 ?

room sealed appliance, only needs air for cooling if MI's call for it is my understanding.

We were told MI exceed anything else....but I'm 99.9% sure it was across the board as a general to do with high/low level vent. That was my understanding of what we were told.

Nice job. Cant say I have much to add over the more experienced comments that have allready been made. I agree it looks congested. Is the system big enough to need the additional ev or is it back up, im sure a read a post of yours that mentioned doing that. Are the 22clips spaced off the wall To allow the 15's to pass behind? I would be pleased with such tidy work.

We were told MI exceed anything else....but I'm 99.9% sure it was across the board as a general to do with high/low level vent. That was my understanding of what we were told.

With room sealed boilers, vents serve only to dissipate heat as not required for combustion. The mi's for the boiler shown dont require them wich makes sense as most modern room sealed boilers are in essence appliances within there own compartment (casing) which is ventilated by the fan drawing fresh air through the concentric flue in to the inner boiler casing.

my gas, flow and return come into that run of the joists but my hot and cold came from the left, i didnt want to cross them over high so i chose to do it low :) i'm sat here looking at it now thinking of how it would look good with all your snippits of advice !!!!!!

next time, you do better next time ;)

It says;

Note
It is no longer permissible to utilize a non-thermostatic controlled radiator as a by-pass.

So I fitted one.

Without trying to hijack this thread king, heres one I did today with cross overs at the bottom. The gas came out the floor in a silly spot but it was an LPG park home so wasnt going to mess around with it underneath.

Sorry about the Worcester, was a sub contract job.

It looked a bit better in the flesh I thought, looks a bit busy in the photo but you get the idea, sort the pipes out ASAP then continue up the wall straight.

Photo 28-11-2013 15 36 18.jpg

Notice all toss bonded excluding the gas? I hate a tidy job. Much better to have pipes all over under boiler IMHO, make u feel less self aware!

Did you get any of the sets wrong? Or first time for every one?

just out of curiosity, why the extra expansion vessel?

Over engineering :) as with the 40mm condensate run!!!

next time it will be better. Starting to build some confidence up now :)

looks good nostrum !!!

But wheres the sink hole for the lpg?

Tbh my jobs are neat to a limit, no one pays extra for perfection.

Notice all toss bonded excluding the gas? I hate a tidy job. Much better to have pipes all over under boiler IMHO, make u feel less self aware!

Yeah, I think its because the meters are off a communal bulk tank externally and pme earthing arrangement so different potentials possible per park home.

leo, believe it or not I didn't mess up one bend! A few needed making a touch bigger but that was easy enough. Normally I mess one up but as it was my tube I took my time!

Sink hole? Residential park home, different to motor home ( as far as I'm aware!)

Tbh my jobs are neat to a limit, no one pays extra for perfection.

I don't do it for the customer mate, use to fit exactly the same for warmfront and will do for eco etc, if I'm happy with the job then 99 times out of 100 so is the customer anyway. I do it so that I can walk away knowing I've no come backs, and your work is your business card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
It would cost quite a bit to move the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have...
Replies
Views
Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back