Help, need new boiler but have water flow issues... | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help, need new boiler but have water flow issues... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
atleast you have thought about it now before we get to the snow and frezze again

oh I am here Lads ,there is a long list of things to be done to bring it up and running ! But not impossible once they sort out her out side mains stop tap then I can change the internal as it has collapsed and the water flow is poor but pressure 4.2bar . There is something I have never seen before did not measure it but it did look to me like min of 50mm of sludge in the F&E tank ,there fore I suspect cold feed block as Lara was saying that loft was full of steam coming from the expansion pipe . Therefore pump has packed up and hear we are with fully sludge system with no control of the mains and seized external stop tap !
Larysa is a lady and she is GOOD looking Lee !

oh I am here Lads ,there is a long list of things to be done to bring it up and running ! But not impossible once they sort out her out side mains stop tap then I can change the internal as it has collapsed and the water flow is poor but pressure 4.2bar . There is something I have never seen before did not measure it but it did look to me like min of 50mm of sludge in the F&E tank ,there fore I suspect cold feed block as Lara was saying that loft was full of steam coming from the expansion pipe . Therefore pump has packed up and hear we are with fully sludge system with no control of the mains and seized external stop tap !
Larysa is a lady and she is GOOD looking Lee !

i understand all that apart from the last bit about me :)

yes ,never seen that much sludge in the F&E tank . well give an update when she gets out side tap sorted ! she will have a 12kw heat only if we can not get better flow by changing her internal stop tap or if we get good flow then she could have a
junior 24 or wb 25 Si

hmmm, the most sludge ever seen in a tank but also a very high mains presssure! think I'd just be happier with fewer extremes lol
...but as Stan says, at least now we have plans A and B...

Now I just need to get Thames Water to explain why they never fixed the external mains stopcock as promised! Grrrr...

i am hear ya know when youve all finished , them southerners cant handle us yorkshire men anyway. were proper drinkers

I think Stan had so much to look at and inspect that there wasn't time for tea...!

seems I get into trouble whatever I say so probably best to sign off at this stage... lol

but again, thanks guys - I think I will sleep better now that I feel happier that this will all get sorted eventually!

night! L

Spoke to Thames Water today and they have put in a request to 'inspect' the external mains stop tap. As I haven't reported it as a leak, they are only obliged to come and inspect within 7 days at which point they will decide if any renewal is needed (will keep u posted Stan).

They also suggested that perhaps my plumber didn't have the right tools or didn't know what he was doing! I replied that the plumber was highly experienced and did indeed have the correct tools. To which she responded that it may be that TW has some kind of 'special tools' that ordinary plumbers don't have access to (eh ?!?). I said that if that was indeed the case then they should definitely replace the tap with something that all plumbers could access in case there was an emergency that required the mains supply to be turned off. Honestly, can't believe how much money I have to hand over a year in rates to these twits.

This throws some light onto the fact that a suspiciously high percentage of jobs I've been to where no work can proceed until the external stopcock is changed are ones where I never hear back. Some get changed and I get called back but perhaps the rest either get changed so far down the line that the person can no longer remember who they had out to look at the job or the water undertaker claims there's nothing wrong with the stopcock and so no work can proceed. It does appear that if you claim to have a leak you stand a better chance. That's what I tell everyone to say now.

Well, I'll let you know what happens....but I am determined to make sure I have an external mains tap that does what it is supposed to! Hopefully without having to resort to springing a leak! :)

If they do refuse to do anything - do you think I would I improve my chances by mentioning ofwat? And if they call my bluff, does ofwat have any teeth to make them sort it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. Just finished and managed to set...
Replies
Views
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
Back