Help, need new boiler but have water flow issues... | Boilers | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help, need new boiler but have water flow issues... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thames Water came out this morning to clarify which external stop tap was mine and that it could be turned on/off.

Result? They're still not sure which is mine! However, they have now completely broken the one they think it might be.
On the plus side, they have put in a request for the broken stop tap to be replaced with a new one. So, if it is mine, it may finally turn my water off. He promised this would be done today/tomorrow. We will see....

Don't think I will. Seems a right mickey mouse set-up they've got going over at TW!

More importantly, leak from internal stopcock now much more persistent and the bowl that took 2 days to fill, now filled overnight. Any suggestions til I can get the mains turned off?

ok, if he doesn't reply on here by the time I get home, I'll contact him directly...
thx L

ive already text him for ya , i would come but am in training so couldnt eat the bickis he left sunday

According to a text from my neighbour - TW have already replaced the external stopcock (with something plastic?) and they have also checked that it does indeed isolate the water from my house. However, it has had no effect on increasing the water flow through the taps which I guess, bearing in mind I have between 4 & 5 bar pressure coming into the house, points to a leaky/blocked pipe somewhere?!

Hopefully it won't be too dark to inspect their handiwork b4 I get home!

Must be my strong powers of persuasion! lol
Hopefully they have made a decent job of it though.

if I knew that's all it took to get the job done, I'd have stocked up ages ago! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. Just finished and managed to set...
Replies
Views
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
Back