help with powerflush quote | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with powerflush quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
client had BG in to do powerflush but as the refurb was not complete, BG cancelled it. I have their quote and am wondering what I should really charge. it is in knightsbridge, has 16 rads over 4 floors rad sizes are 600x1000, 500x1400, 600x1000, 600x1200, 500x1000, 3x500x1000, 400x2000, 400x1800, 2x750x2000 and 3 towel rads. all doubles i believe.

BG quoted it as 2 flushes. Can you guess their price?

Am I allowed to post this information on BG

If your feeling a bit guilty bang it in £250 under theirs....

Blimey! £1000 is a lovely round number mutley. And looks lovely in crisp tenders.

add the chemicals 2 x cleaner, 2 x inhibitor. and 2 days labour, add fuel plus £60 towards power flush/ rental and there's your price

1k does sound nice. hey. 2 days, i would have thought i could get it done in around 14hrs. 8-2200. Am i wrong? it is a sealed system. just not looking forward to running up and down 3 flights of stairs all day

1k does sound nice. hey. 2 days, i would have thought i could get it done in around 14hrs. 8-2200. Am i wrong? it is a sealed system. just not looking forward to running up and down 3 flights of stairs all day

Why run when you can walk. Don't rush it. Take three days and make sure your price covers you for that.

16 rads times 15 minutes per rad plus hour setting up, hour to clean system out. and half hour taking down. Plus 2 hours removing air locks, could be done in a day, but my price would be £350 anyway

There will be a filter in with BGs price though, so you'd have to fit that too.

If they've give you BGs quote then just quite a few quid less and you'll get the job surely.

add the chemicals 2 x cleaner, 2 x inhibitor. and 2 days labour, add fuel plus £60 towards power flush/ rental and there's your price

If you knew someone was willing to pay 1200 quid and you charged 350 quid then you're insane

No, just too hhonest, if they look on my website they will see my prices and wonder why they paid 600 pound more then my advertised price

No, just too hhonest, if they look on my website they will see my prices and wonder why they paid 600 pound more then my advertised price

Do you advertise 350 regardless of system size?

There will be a filter in with BGs price though, so you'd have to fit that too.

If they've give you BGs quote then just quite a few quid less and you'll get the job surely.

hey Tom, thanks for info, it already has a filter on it. So just a straight swop. I would usually charge 250-300 for a 8 rad system, so that would make it 2 flushes. And BG have classed it as 2 flushes also

16 rads times 15 minutes per rad plus hour setting up, hour to clean system out. and half hour taking down. Plus 2 hours removing air locks, could be done in a day, but my price would be £350 anyway

Air locks, no air locks as its a sealed system jase. the system always ends up filled with the power flusher any way when adding inhibitor

300 for 0-10, 350 for 10-20, above 20. Is different. Regardless of system or single or double rads, there aint much difference between singles and doubles, you can't remove one panel from the other panel!!

Sealed or open vent they always have air locks, powerflusher pump let's a lot of air into the system. And usually there is stupidly long runs that go up and down all over the place, I would even go as far to bet 100 pound that you will get an air lock with 16 rads

Most companies in my area charge extra for double rads, scam in my eyes, I offer powerflushing at a fair price and do a good job, in winter I am jam packed with powerflushing, what else can one ask for!!

wow that is a result, it wasn't long ago that you were trying to sell that flusher machine. you must be chuffed

so if i go in at 1k, it is really only £198 cheaper as am not vat registered. it does look better than the £1498 though hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rechecked, yes it does, many thanks Ric!!
Replies
Views
I heard through the grapevine they gone for a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good job buddy 👍🏼
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
Back