help with powerflush quote | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with powerflush quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, just too hhonest, if they look on my website they will see my prices and wonder why they paid 600 pound more then my advertised price

I would change the website pricing or make it from £350.00. BTW £350.00 is our usual price too :smiley2:

the thing is, it is for a guy i work for a bit and am sure he wants to make a bit of cash off it also

They've got the bg quote, your gonna be under by £400 plus, so there's enough to bung yer man whatever you want....win, win....

I would change the website pricing or make it from £350.00. BTW £350.00 is our usual price too :smiley2:

for how many rads? and each rad after that? And is this including all chemicals? Also, you know the BG gas quote, would you still go in this cheap? Or what would you price?

I would go in about 900ish personally. Looks substantially cheaper and still a huge profit for an easy two days work.

I would go in about 900ish personally. Looks substantially cheaper and still a huge profit for an easy two days work.

now that certainly is another thought. For some reason i am thinking if i go in to high i won't get it, as everyone knows BG are a rip off

I would charge £500-£650 depending on how bad the system is. I would also take my time and do it over 2 days.

it is still a powerflush the same as any other regardless how much BG quoted. Don't put yourself in a position that can come back at you by basically upping your price just because BG have quoted X amount.

charge all customers my standard price.

also, the parking each day will be £37. so am going to go with mfgs and go for £900. Thanks guys, wish me luck. Should be a nice £350 a day

300 for 0-10, 350 for 10-20, above 20. Is different. Regardless of system or single or double rads, there aint much difference between singles and doubles, you can't remove one panel from the other panel!!

Is that in Knightsbridge though?

15mins a rad seems short to me, it feels like forever waiting for the tds readings to drop.

i know a lad who powerflushes at an average price between £180 - £250, he does 6-7 a week most of the time and loves it. I dont think hes Gas safe tho so i dont know how he goes about removing the plate hex or attaching to pump in most HE boilers?

i think id price £7-800 with a filter, 2 days work.

I use Kamco CF90, I would still charge £350, customer happy, I may get more work and I sleep at night. Even charging £350 I still make way over my usual day rate including chemicals and fuel. The way I see it is don't think about what you could make but think about what you are making. so for instance if I am quiet I will labour for a friend for £50, which is better then staying at home and earning nothing. If I quote £900 because BG quoted £1400, I may loose that job even. so £350 is better then nothing. If somebody offered me £20 quid for a days labour, I would take it, because its better then earning nothing. As things change and I am too busy, then my prices will go up and I will stick to plumbing only, but at the moment beggars cant be choosers.

15mins a rad seems short to me, it feels like forever waiting for the tds readings to drop.

i know a lad who powerflushes at an average price between £180 - £250, he does 6-7 a week most of the time and loves it. I dont think hes Gas safe tho so i dont know how he goes about removing the plate hex or attaching to pump in most HE boilers?

i think id price £7-800 with a filter, 2 days work.

That's 15 minutes on the initial flush not the cleaning out process. Kamco recommend 15 minutes. 15 minutes on the initial then go round and clean each rad until it runs clear. (not misty) I need to invest in the TDS meter

add the chemicals 2 x cleaner, 2 x inhibitor. and 2 days labour, add fuel plus £60 towards power flush/ rental and there's your price

With 16 double rads you're not putting enough inhibitor in. Recommendation is 1 bottle does ten single rads so for 16 doubles you're going to want 3 or 4..

Ignoring that looking at your price of £350 take off £60 for hire of machine gives us £290. 4 bottles of fluid, £60, we're down to £230. Two days parking, £74, were looking at £156. Lets be miserly and allow £6 for fuel. That gives us £150 for 2 days labour. Do you really work for £75 a day?

looks like i might get this job. think i should buy a machine now. debating between proflush themea or kamco cf90? Leaning more towards the proflush. llike the heater part

cannot find them 2nd hand at all. cannot actually find a price unless i contact the manufacturer. anyone got a proflush they want to sell???:smile:

With 16 double rads you're not putting enough inhibitor in. Recommendation is 1 bottle does ten single rads so for 16 doubles you're going to want 3 or 4..

Ignoring that looking at your price of £350 take off £60 for hire of machine gives us £290. 4 bottles of fluid, £60, we're down to £230. Two days parking, £74, were looking at £156. Lets be miserly and allow £6 for fuel. That gives us £150 for 2 days labour. Do you really work for £75 a day?
Already got machine so wouldn't pay £60 for machine, definetly wouldn't pay £74 for parking, if they want me to do it then they get me a visitors permit and it wouldn't take me 2 days, I would get there at 7.30am and finish at 7-8pm. so total cost is £60 chemicals, £6 fuel, so still making £284 for a long days labour. If I lived in London and had congestion charge, parking etc then my price would go up, but then I expect everyone else in London charges more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rechecked, yes it does, many thanks Ric!!
Replies
Views
I heard through the grapevine they gone for a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good job buddy 👍🏼
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
Back