help with powerflush quote | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with powerflush quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a proflush and would have another (heater would be handy but I still haven't got one)

Thanks roger, can you tell me a rough price for these? as i cannot see it any where. looks like it is only the manufacturer who sells them and no price is on the website

I got mine second hand but think they are similar in price to cf90, would need to speak to one of their reps

Got proflush with heater. Its a good machine but where possible i use the heat from a working boiler and the magnacleanse in tandem.
The heater takes a good while to heat up on its own but the flusher is a great machine but larger than most others

Already got machine so wouldn't pay £60 for machine, definetly wouldn't pay £74 for parking, if they want me to do it then they get me a visitors permit and it wouldn't take me 2 days, I would get there at 7.30am and finish at 7-8pm. so total cost is £60 chemicals, £6 fuel, so still making £284 for a long days labour. If I lived in London and had congestion charge, parking etc then my price would go up, but then I expect everyone else in London charges more.

Make your mind up. You said it was two days work in another post. Even if you can squeeze a two day job into one day you should still charge two days money for it, it's you that's going home knackered for the benefit of the customer. you've also got the issue of being cream crackered the next day after a 12 hour day. You can't keep doing 12 hour days without it starting to affect your performance.

What happens when your powerflush machine packs up after you've been not charging for it's use? You've got to replace or repair it out of your own pocket.

IMHO you need to revisit your business model as it sounds to me you're heading towards being a busy fool. Work for a good price and work sensibly. I've done the 12 hour days, 6 days a week before and I'd then spend half of Sunday akip on the sofa because I was knackered. Don't live to work, work to live.

By your plan, would you do a boiler change the same way....in a long day for say £250-300 ? Labour only....

By your plan, would you do a boiler change the same way....in a long day for say £250-300 ? Labour only....

Everyone I know does!!! start at 8am and finnish at 5-6pm, straight swaps, don't know there prices though!!

business costs are sometimes hard to account for but need to be considerd for each job. Van costs are many thousands a year alone.

equipment cost need to be factor'd in wether you have rented or brought as it will need replacing or repairing as you go. If you add up the costs of stuff like the machine, hoses and fittings, pump/plate hex adaptors, magnetic filter, tds meter, ph meter, infra red thermo etc.... its very expensive.

can somebody tell me how non gas safe registerd engineers attach there machines without removing the appliance covers on HE models?? Many of these deadicated power flush companies dont employ GSR's from what i can see. The guy who started the biggest national company was not even a plumber.

Everyone I know does!!! start at 8am and finnish at 5-6pm, straight swaps, don't know there prices though!!

i agree its pretty standard to do boiler changes in a day, straight swaps in a few hours sometimes, tho its also standard for them not to be done as good as they should be imo. Especially landlord/council work. In the end the customer will get what they pay for most times.

simple connect to pump on regular boilers or connect to flow or return on combi boiler just underneath, no cover taken off. to be honest though, most combi's I have done they have had a magnaclean fitted so I drain down and connect to this, then just turn magnaclean iso's off and then put magnaclean on.

simple connect to pump on regular boilers or connect to flow or return on combi boiler just underneath, no cover taken off. to be honest though, most combi's I have done they have had a magnaclean fitted so I drain down and connect to this, then just turn magnaclean iso's off and then put magnaclean on.

so you dont flush the boiler or the plate hex?

Make your mind up. You said it was two days work in another post. Even if you can squeeze a two day job into one day you should still charge two days money for it, it's you that's going home knackered for the benefit of the customer. you've also got the issue of being cream crackered the next day after a 12 hour day. You can't keep doing 12 hour days without it starting to affect your performance.

What happens when your powerflush machine packs up after you've been not charging for it's use? You've got to replace or repair it out of your own pocket.

IMHO you need to revisit your business model as it sounds to me you're heading towards being a busy fool. Work for a good price and work sensibly. I've done the 12 hour days, 6 days a week before and I'd then spend half of Sunday akip on the sofa because I was knackered. Don't live to work, work to live.

I said he should charge 2 days, but I would do it in a day. Even with charging £350, I am left with £280 which equals £60 for power flush and still leaves me £220 which is good for a days labour. and if I added my years power flushes together and took times that by £20 I would get the price of my power flush machine. I am actually looking at my business model and I will be changing things but I would rather be a busy fool then a poor fool.

so you dont flush the boiler or the plate hex?

Yes, flush the boiler as you go, connect to the return and it pushes it all out the boiler rather then into the boiler. The heat exchange is impossible unless you are Gas safe, except to turn on the hot water and let the boiler pump do the flush and then turn it off, do this several times when cleaning out, doesn't do it properly though

the proflush i just bought said the best method of attaching is on the radiator tails, as if you remove the circulating pump, the boiler wont work

what is? attaching to the tails, or the boiler won't work? Or both. it shows it on the site

Boiler not working, if you take the pump out it will still work but will overheat if power flush isn't connected, connecting to the tails gives less flow rates and from my experience doesn't do the job as well.

sitting at home waiting for the delivery of my Norstrom proflush. So excited. A new tool!!!!

Cost me £1100 big ones howsie!!! Am still upset I missed out on eco's which you got. On my door step. Still, this job pays for it pretty much. And it comes with a 3yr warranty

yipeeee it arrived today..... 2013-06-13 17.19.58.jpg Am going to go and do a leaflet drop...powerflush £100 to the 1st lucky 11. To get it paid for

Boiler not working, if you take the pump out it will still work but will overheat if power flush isn't connected, connecting to the tails gives less flow rates and from my experience doesn't do the job as well.

And what experience you have

so when flushing a sealed system, without a pump head adaptor, do you just disconnect the live to pump and connect into mag filter? only ever flushed open vented systems

can leave the pump going according to Kamco!! the powerflush wont affect pump, but what you say is basically what I do,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rechecked, yes it does, many thanks Ric!!
Replies
Views
I heard through the grapevine they gone for a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good job buddy 👍🏼
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
Back