help with powerflush quote | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with powerflush quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh sorry jase, I was on about a system boiler
Yeah according to Kamco, on any system you could connect to filter/ rads/ anywhere else and leave pump going and the power flush wont affect it. If it is combi I take connection from below boiler (pump adaptor if gas safe) conventional boiler I take it from pump. Disconnect live from pump which stops it running dry and if open vent link the feed and vent (or cap it if being lazy)

how do you take the connection from below the boiler when the boiler is there? Do you cut into pipes? If you leave the pump with the live in, and go back and fourth on the flow, then the flusher will be going against the flow of the pump. strange why they would say it is ok

mate you never run boiler pump along with powerflush ........., you turn of pf and then use boiler pump to heat the water

or you will burn the pump

or you could remove pump and connect pf there

cheers safegas. It is confusing though as on kamco site it says not a problem to do this. But, can I not just disconnect the power to pump in boiler and run boiler on pf

you can but then due to the fact that power flushes pump is a lot more powerful water will go through the he alot quicker and will take forever to heat up the water !

ok, cool. So really it is just best to purge of debris with pf, and cleanser through pf, close pf and turn on boiler and run until rads are hot, turn off boiler and use pf to finish off

And flush one rad a time only ! Also isolate cylinder and remove auto bypass if there is one

Cylinder needs to be flushed. You mean, treat cylinder coil as an extra rad right? Can you manually set the diverter in a system boiler, or can i just use the controls

Yes cylinder separated ! Integral diverted is only in viessmenn boilers ! With them I will cut in to the hot water side and will pf cylinder separated

I got one of them adapters but never used it , you can have it if you like for half the price ! It has been sitting in my van tray for like 2 years now and never been used

why can you not just put the programmer on hot water and flush it like that. Just take the live out of the boiler pump? seems a bit drastic cutting into it. But if that is the only way.

Which pump head adaptor do you have? I see the fernox one is like £125. And others are £40-£50

I will post picture of it tomorrow ! I got my e from Norstrom .... Cos I have one of there pf

That's 15 minutes on the initial flush not the cleaning out process. Kamco recommend 15 minutes. 15 minutes on the initial then go round and clean each rad until it runs clear. (not misty) I need to invest in the TDS meter
Hi Jase158
i got the TDS and PH meters the same as Kamco sell for an absolute fraction of the price from Laboratory supplies, virkon disinfectant, infection control . I also have the CF 90 and I bought a 60litre high sided strong plastic tray for it to sit in as well to avoid costly carpet/flooring damage

If connection is on flow/return at rad pipes they recommend taking out the rad valves as more resistance and no good this way for micro bore . Kamco pump head adaptor is £90. I've just ordered the magnetic filter to operate in series with the pump. £336

Hey safegasinstall, did you find that pump head adaptor? Hoe much do yu want for it. I believe I got the best also. Like it's I does

Adey are giving away free magnacleanse connectors to connect straight onto magnaclean 2 connections, visit website for details, mine is in post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rechecked, yes it does, many thanks Ric!!
Replies
Views
I heard through the grapevine they gone for a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good job buddy 👍🏼
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
Back