Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 39 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter REDSAW
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 190K

Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never trust that the apprentice has turned draincock off on a rad before filling system, check to make sure they haven't turned it fully on!

when our pipe slices get less effective at cutting copper put some flux over night it stiffens them up and they will work better

Physics doesn't even correlate to that making sense oily face, heat activated flux, acid based?

Explain if you would, thanks

or just book a new one out to the next job, and give the crap ones to the apprenticce !!

As cold weather is here never leave any batteries in your van or the cold wont do them any good...even things like digital thermometer...inspection cameras..AA's etc. Also things like silicone in the really freezing nights should be brought it.

when working in a cramped space and you can't find that screwdriver/spanner/tape you were just using, your usually sitting on it.

If you've had a curry the night before and are carrying excess wind, take your hoover into work and boff into that. Dilutes the exhaust a treat.

What on the soil ? Or are the houses really posh? I would say empty all your pockets and get a bucket cut down to move tools around?

A good way to crawl below floorboards is get some good thick cardboard - like what comes with shower doors & boilers. Lay it down on the subfloors (which tend to be covered in rubble often) & you can just slide yourself on it very easily & it can be very comfortable & warm also.
Don't let a blow lamp near it though!

When crawling around underfloors use a little trolley to slide around makes life a lot quicker and easier

Please make a video mate, this is either breakthrough sort of thinking or you are ****ed and robbed a trolly from the supermarket. :hand:

I use transcendental meditation and just hover around. Much kinder on the knees.

I use the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but i suppose that is what i am all about.

No on the oversite

U must strike it lucky. Normally old houses with decent voids have no over site or loads of rubbish under there or new ones har a 200mm void. No trolley will help me in an 200mm void as my middle engine is a little bigger than that!

Keep an old cast wheel head from a gate valve (not the pressed tin ones) in the toolbox. They fit most lock shields aswell as gate valves. Makes rad-work easy :)

Old radiator brackets can be used to strengthen boxing or cupboards if you've pulled them apart, ugly but effective. Also they can be used to support floorboards of you've cut them a touch too short

y5ypedy9.jpg

Sentinel bottles make great drip trays. And look better than Ones with aldi chicken thighs written on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Article
Compex EX 04 fail Hi. I’m new to the Forum...
Replies
Views
Jackson123
J
  • Question
I have some 3 and 4 port valves from them and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I never have, but if it were a decent place...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
Back