ideal logic plus or ideal vogue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal logic plus or ideal vogue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ash121

Looking to purchase a boiler, i have shortlisted the following for a 2 bedroom property, we are also considering a loft conversion so there shall be a large double rad in the loft too, so i guess it would be 3 rooms...

bathroom has no shower so the bath shall be used

ideal logic plus 24 DHW flow rate l/min. 35°C rise 9.9
ideal logic plus 30 DHW flow rate l/min. 35°C rise 12.4
ideal vogue 26 - DHW flow rate l/min. 35°C rise 10.6

i know the ideal logic plus is a great boiler and have seen plenty positive feedback on the forums

i am also considering the ideal vogue 26 kw, it has caught my eye, has premium parts and components and its their flagship model, only reservation i have is that it is a relatively new boiler on the market...

anyone fitted many of the ideal vogues? what would you recommend i go for, any pros or cons?

all of the above come with a 7 year warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
How quickly do you need to make your mind up ash121?

The reason I ask is that Ideal have just given 6 Vogue boilers to members of this forum for test and review.

If you can afford to wait a few weeks, then you should have the chance to read at least some of those reviews, and then make your mind up with unbiased information at your fingertips.

that is great, how long will the members have the boiler to test and review?

Could wait for a week, 2 weeks may be pushing it...

How quickly do you need to make your mind up ash121?

The reason I ask is that Ideal have just given 6 Vogue boilers to members of this forum for test and review.

If you can afford to wait a few weeks, then you should have the chance to read at least some of those reviews, and then make your mind up with unbiased information at your fingertips.

Thats tight. Only one has physically been delivered so far, and I am not sure when he is fitting it.

Xmas is the deadline.

yeh afraid so, have you fitted any? what is your opinion?

Moi? Fit a boiler? Heaven forbid my dear chap.

I wouldn't sully my lily-whites by opening the box!

(Check my signature block) :)

I'd go with a baxi duotec :) but out of those 2 I'd have a logic plus,cheaper and are a superb boiler!!
proven in the market too!

I've fitted quite a few logic plus and started fitting the vogues now, I have a vogue in my house I think they are good boilers but only time will tell.
installer wise they are the easiest boiler to fit and commission in my view but we are all different and have our own opinions, life would be pretty dull other wise. Hope this helps.

I wish they would have given me one.

Boiler changes Friday and Monday . Both vaillant s . Will have to try something a little cheaper sometime .

I'd have a 30kw logic over a vogue. Although I do really like the vogue, they're less compact than the logic, and the benefits for the householder are few.

By the way, how have you determined which size of boiler you need?

Don't think the logic modulates as low as the vogue also.

It doesn't, the vogue will be more efficient, it's better looking, quieter better interface and has a stainless hex. But chances are a 26kw won't be good enough for HW demand.

Both excellent and have fitted 1000's of logics company anyway, vogue is nice and has excellent early doors feedback. / nearly a year old. Fitted a few and good boilers. They have similar design to duotec and some similar parts, ideal spent a lot on this boiler it's looking like a good one. If you have space and can afford it vogue if on a budget or it's going in a tight spot logic + 35

Both excellent and have fitted 1000's of logics company anyway, vogue is nice and has excellent early doors feedback. / nearly a year old. Fitted a few and good boilers. They have similar design to duotec and some similar parts, ideal spent a lot on this boiler it's looking like a good one. If you have space and can afford it vogue if on a budget or it's going in a tight spot logic + 35

You have suggested the logic plus 35, my plumber didn't suggest the 35 at all

Will the logic plus 30 be not be suitable? how does the logic plus 30 and vogue 26 compare in terms of flow rate in the real world?

we may consider fitting a bath shower mixer at a later point but at the moment it will be the bath, but shall use the bath occasionally if we do fit a shower too

Max i could push to if i were to purchase the vogue over the logic plus would be for the 26kw only version

In total if we were to do the loft conversion we would have a total of 7 radiators in the 2 bed property

Hi Ash

Forget the radiator count - all of the boilers being discussed are more than capable of running your heating demand.

Assuming all other things being equal and adequate, combi boiler DHW flow rates are a function of their output - so a 30kw will be better than a 26kw by a ratio of 30:26.

This becomes more important if you are frequently running baths. If you prefer to shower, then its largely irrelevant.

Yes agree I would have the larger output. Sorry I thought I was two bathrooms.

Logic 30 and a decent programmable thermostat.

Thank you all for your input...

Before i commit to purchasing the ideal logic plus 30 boiler, are there any other boilers good boilers if not better within the same price range as the logic 30 i should consider? i.e baxi duo tec, glowworm or any other makes?

You really can't go wrong with the logic +. I'm a big fan. Really easy to install and commission and it's a really smart looking boiler. Haven't had chance to fit the vogue, but would like to.

The new baxis are ment to be good ( now problems are solved) but can't comment personally.

Stay away from glow worm, Baxi duo tec isn't a bad boiler for the price and comes with 7 years. I would go with the logic though.

Ash, here's my concern.

You need your installer to PROPERLY SIZE the boiler to suit your hot water requirements. It's pointless saying your committing to a logic 30kw boiler if you need a boiler to provide 16l/m. The fact your installer seems to have offered you 3 different boiler sizes OR he's letting you decide, says to me he doesn't know/care about what he's doing.

I would say logic and duo are on level pegging. Logic is smarter looking and more compact yet still nice to service / repair . From what u have said 30 logic + or 28 duotec DO NOT GET A DUO TEC GA or NETATEC GA !!!!! B

Ash, here's my concern.

You need your installer to PROPERLY SIZE the boiler to suit your hot water requirements. It's pointless saying your committing to a logic 30kw boiler if you need a boiler to provide 16l/m. The fact your installer seems to have offered you 3 different boiler sizes OR he's letting you decide, says to me he doesn't know/care about what he's doing.

I understand where you are coming from, the plumber suggested 3 sizes on the basis of the following

ideal logic 24 would be suitable for a shower, occasional use for baths
ideal logic 30 would be suitable for baths
ideal vogue slightly better flow rate than the logic 24, but again occasional use for bath too

i am also thinkng whether the ideal logic 30 would be oversized for my requirements? and would "cycle" due to it being oversized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No, decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens 100-W...
Replies
Views
P
So my original post suggesting the issue may...
Replies
Views
FD Powerflow
F
N
Replies
Views
A
i like pottertons but dont install them mainly...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
Back