laptop for work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss laptop for work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Bubblecraft

I use the floorplans app.

I have tried a few and this the one that best suits me. It is great when planning a layout with a customer as you can place items like baths, showers and size them to the actual product size. It has helped me avoid a couple of disasters when customers were convinced they could get a 1200 x 900 enclosure , a full size bath, fitted furniture and a massive rad into a 2m x 2m bathroom

I have not yet used it to do a detailed plan for a kitchen, but I cannot see any problems.

A link to the website

http://www.floorplansapp.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks good but at £17.49 I'll hold off just now. Will read more into it & see if it's for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Bubblecraft

Agree that floorplans is a bit pricey, but customers love it. I often leave them with a full plan and follow up with a quote the same day.

Invoice 2 Go is brilliant. I love being able to populate the customers details from my contacts book. I use the reports section to review each month and quarter to give me an idea of how things are going. The unpaid invoices list also helps keep track of late payers.

I cannot believe you get so much for so little

Bubblecraft

Re Invoice 2 go.

I forgot about being able to convert quotes to invoices - brilliant.

Couple of limitations.

There is a limit on the number of items in a quote, so if you want to list everything from a bathroom install it is a bit limiting. I do the bigger quotes on pages and then just invoice referencing the quote.

The print quality is a bit poor and random full stops seem to appear on some addresses.

You can have a desktop version that syncs with the app and allows greater flexibility on invoice formats etc, etc but unbelievably last time I checked they did not do a Mac version. I will keep checking as I would like to do them on the laptop sometimes.

I have fed these comments back to the developers.

I think I might post any new apps that I come across that others might like.

Pipedream

Cheers for that. Did you have a go at mental note?

Didn't notice there is a limit on invoice2go. My quotations are very detailed. Haven't tried it on a full bathroom or kitchen fit as yet. Have transferred about 60% of my products across from pages so dying to try it out. Can't seem to open my stuff I've done on the iPad on my iPhone though but no doubt I've just not switched on iCloud for it or something. Just opens like the first setup, if you know what I mean.

I do love pages but after the last update, they took away the tab button at the top so it's a bit of a long process to line up all my prices.

Will give floorplans a go soon. I'll stick to what I use for now until I'm more confident in using it.

Honestly mate, it's a great piece of kit. Essential to my business. I'd be lost without it now. So many benefits. Very professional looking to the customer & I say presentation it what sells.

If you need any ideas on apps etc & how it can benefit you as a business, give me a holler!

What iPad did you get?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh right, just that if you had the iPhone, you wouldn't have needed the 3G version. Would have saved you a wee bit of cash. Have fun with you new toy when it comes!

Anyone thinking about the iPad 3 ( or HD, or 2s or whatever they are going to call it)

Is anyone else as sad as me getting excited by today's announcement, looks like there might be a new apple TV as well.

New iPad called..."New iPad"

• Apple announces new iPad, available 16 March
• Confirms 'Retina Display', A5X processor and 5MP camera
• Also adds LTE and voice dictation
• iOS 5.1 announced; brings Siri to Japan and Australia
• Apple TV updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Give you £50 for it...my 1 year old doesn't have her own iPad yet, just an iPhone 3GS lol

You will need to have iOS 5 or newer on your iPhone.

Under settings, switch on your Personal Hotspot & link to your iPad. I'm sure you can link via Bluetooth or wifi. Create a password so nobody else can tether your phone.

That's it! I pay £5 a month extra for 5gb of tethering. Contact your service provider regarding a tethering bundle. You can connect via the Internet on your phone but is not included in your Internet bundle so you will be charged for it.

Your iPad should look like this -
5ada5c46-37a8-ee63.jpg

You will need to have iOS 5 or newer on your iPhone.

Under settings, switch on your Personal Hotspot & link to your iPad. I'm sure you can link via Bluetooth or wifi. Create a password so nobody else can tether your phone.

That's it! I pay £5 a month extra for 5gb of tethering. Contact your service provider regarding a tethering bundle. You can connect via the Internet on your phone but is not included in your Internet bundle so you will be charged for it.

Your iPad should look like this -
5ada5c46-37a8-ee63.jpg

Cheers mate

Some piece of kit, ain't it? If you haven't already, download the Tapatalk app for it. That's what I use for all my forums. Can jump to any forum in seconds, great user interface & you can upload pics straight from your iPad.

Names Gus btw

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have just qualified as a registered gas...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
M
The power to switch the boiler on for heating...
Replies
Views
In the old days, toilets used quite a lot of...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
Back