laptop for work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss laptop for work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Update for those who use Invoice 2 go, there is now a Mac desktop version available, which syncs with mobile devices.

It means that everything is backed up and any changes made on one device are updated on your other devices.

Great for putting together invoices etc for year end as you can print off reports etc. - particularly good if you do not have a wireless printer that works with the iPad

Promised a review of the ipad 3 (my wife's not mine )

It is outstanding, the photo and video quality is first class. We have a 4 year old Sony HD camcorder and the iPad video quality is streets ahead of it.

The retina display is something to behold - Flipboard is stunning.

I am now starting to hope that my iPad 1 suffers a terrible mishap soon !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Update for those who use Invoice 2 go, there is now a Mac desktop version available, which syncs with mobile devices.

It means that everything is backed up and any changes made on one device are updated on your other devices.

Great for putting together invoices etc for year end as you can print off reports etc. - particularly good if you do not have a wireless printer that works with the iPad

Promised a review of the ipad 3 (my wife's not mine )

It is outstanding, the photo and video quality is first class. We have a 4 year old Sony HD camcorder and the iPad video quality is streets ahead of it.

The retina display is something to behold - Flipboard is stunning.

I am now starting to hope that my iPad 1 suffers a terrible mishap soon !

I haven't committed to invoice 2 go yet, I'm still unsure about it. Is it available for PC?

I'm on my second iPad 3. The frost had a hardware problem that made it crash all the time.

Hi

Yes it has always been available for windows, but strangely for an iPad app the Mac desktop version has only been available for 11 days - not that I have been counting.

Hi

Ipad's definately better than the laptop I used to use as you don't have to wait for it to boot up and the screen quality is brilliant. I use the ipad 2 and might even go the ipad 3 if I can afford it. With the 3g bit I access boiler manuals from the goto gas docs site so I don't have to download them.
Thought about the printer but it seems best to just send the documents over email.

The wife is getting an Ipad 3 on Saturday, so will have a spare Ipad 1, I use a macbook pro at the mo which is a bit big.

How can you transfer templates from my macbook to the Ipad?

Might be a silly question but i just dont get it.:blush2:

My 1 year old, yes 1, has her own iPhone 3GS & watches movies on it & plays baby apps (no sim in it).

My 4 year old has his own iPod touch which he got at Xmas to keep him off the Mrs iPhone 4 & he also uses her iPad for gaming & YouTube. He's literally taught himself to read & write with it.

My 10 year old has his own iPod touch & uses my iPad for gaming etc.

I have the Griffen case for my iPhone & had one on the iPad but wanted rid of my wallet & wanted somewhere to store everything I needed so got the happy owl wallet imported. Well worth the money! Here's mine -
5acb1b1d-4cc1-29fa.jpg
5acb1b1d-4cfe-d863.jpg
5acb1b1d-4d2c-689e.jpg

Normally has invoice books in it also but there in the van

where did you get the case from i need one for my new ipad that am about to go get for my birthday tomorrow :))))))))))))

Hi Bod,

I bought the wife a new Ipad 3 on Saturday, cracking piece of kit.

I now use her old one for work, much easier than a laptop, make sure you buy Numbers and pages ect.

I aslo bought 2 of the cases below for very pleased with them and the price only £17.

Apple iPad 3 Advanced Pro® Multi-Function Case Luxury: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Let me know if you fina a decent app for gas safety inspections, invoicing ect.

Kev.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Anymore updates to this thread?

Just downloading the mental note app.

Currently using Gas Insatallers Workmate and EasyGas mostly so far but found the calendar really good for organising our work schedules.

Is it just a flat fee or do you have to purchase a licence every year?
Its a fee for the software then about £40 a year, i spend more than double that on pads easily plus you get reminders, more professional certs and can easily give copies etc.

Got sick of having loads of pads in the van and hundreds of fading certs in the office.

A member of this forum has set one up called gas safety checker, just had a quick look and it looks like its only £15.99 a year, doesn't mention an up front cost either

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have just qualified as a registered gas...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
M
The power to switch the boiler on for heating...
Replies
Views
In the old days, toilets used quite a lot of...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
Back